Chapter 8 - Building The Fair... And Maybe a Relationship

(Y/n) awoke.

"Morning, PAL- Oh.. right.." (Y/n) tailed off.

The door was flung open.

"(Y/N)!"

"Huh..?" (Y/n) yawned.

"Uh.. forgetting something?"

"What?"

"THE. FAIR?"

"Huh? OH."

(Y/n) jumped out of bed.
"Sorry, I forgot all about it, Jacob!" (Y/n) said as she rushed to get out her daytime clothes.

"It's fine, just hurry up! We gotta start building and practicing!" Jacob said as he left the room.

"YEAH, I KINDA GOT THAT!" (Y/n) yelled back.

Jacob Slender was a fourteen year old supernatural with pale skin and jet black hair. Since he was a slender, he didn't have much of a face. All he had was a mouth and ears. He was the cool kid of the house, really.

(Y/n) finished getting dressed and rushed outside.
"Alright how-?"

"Just teleport there with your SmartScann." Jacob said, cutting her off.

"Mkay.." (Y/n) murmured in annoyance.

Gosh, was Jacob being bossy today.

(Y/n) teleported to the abandoned carnival. It looked a little creepy yet.. peaceful in a way. She couldn't wait to fix it up and get it running again.

"Alright, I'll work on the swing set and you can work on the carousel." Jacob said as he headed over to the swings.

"Got it!" (Y/n) said as she held up a thumbs up.

(Y/n) ran over to the carousel and saw that it was almost in perfect condition minus the horses needing a good scrub and possibly a new paint job.
"Well, better get to work." (Y/n) said.
(Y/n) got a scrub brush, soap, and water and started scrubbing the moss and grime off of the white, gold and baby pink horse.
"...'Round and around like a horse on a carousel.. we go. Will I catch up to love? I can never tell.." (Y/n) sang under her breath.

"HOW'S IT GOING OVER THERE‽" Jacob called.

"GOOD!" (Y/n) yelled back.
"I know.. chasin' after you is like a fairytale. But I... feel like I'm glued on tight to this carousel."

(Y/n) finally finished scrubbing the horse and decided that it looked cool the way it was. It looked really old but it sort of gave it a nostalgic aura. (Y/n) liked it but she knew Ms. Grace wanted everything to look shiney and brand new so (Y/n) started applying the knew coat of paint.

"Finally, I'm done with this horse." (Y/n) sighed in relief.
"...now I just have to do all eleven others."

°~•♪♥♪•~°

(Y/n) was finally, finally done with all the horses! They all looked so cute and brand new! (Y/n) was proud of herself.

"All done?" Jacob asked as he strolled over.

"Oh, yeah." (Y/n) said as she got up.

"Awesome, now all we really need to do is fix the Faris wheel and we'll be done. Mom already went ahead and fixed the other stuff along with Aunt Carol." Jacob said.

"Alright then."

(Y/n) and Jacob got right to work on the Faris wheel, fixing it up. Bolts and screws had to be replaced, carts had to be painted, then they had to get someone to test it out. And who would be stupid enough to go on an extremely old Faris wheel without it being safety approved by experts? Penny. Penny the Poltergeist.