Chapter 18 - The New Year

(Y/n) was sitting at the table, playing a game of Uno with (S/n) and PAL. (S/n) kept giving PAL draw fours which just made her go ">:I" every time. PAL was quite literally that "or draw 25" meme at this point. (Y/n) finally went out and one the game. Finally!

❝︎God, I have one... Two... Three...❞︎ PAL counted, ❝︎I have thirty-four cards! I literally have a quarter of the deck! What the hell!❞︎ She laughed.

°~•♪♥♪•~°

(Y/n) and PAL watched all the beautiful fireworks go off, the show reminding them of their first kiss. Ah, it was beautiful! It also reminded PAL of the first time she set foot in her own realm. It was magical. Of course, it was really loud so everyone, well, almost everyone, had sound cancelling headphones on to block out the noise. Well, that show was over quick.

❝︎Come on, kids! To the bonfire!❞︎ Aunt Carol called.

°~•♪♥♪•~°

PAL sat down on one of the benches near the fire, getting the only dry spot. The rest of the bench was either wet or damp, and all the other benches were taken up. (Y/n) guessed no one wanted to sit next to PAL after the whole apocalypse deal. Wow, invite her for the New Year but won't sit next to her? That's nice.

❝︎Uh, where do I...?❞︎ (Y/n) tailed off.

❝︎Well, you can either sit on the wet bench and get your pretty little dress all dirty, or...~❞︎ PAL tailed off, gesturing to her lap.

(Y/n) felt her face go bright red, feeling flustered.
❝︎Eheh, o-okay..❞︎ She said shyly, sitting down.

PAL held her, smiling almost sweetly and seductively at the same time.

❝︎AYO, THIS IS A BONFIRE, NOT A MAKE OUT PARTY!❞︎ Some boy shouted over to them.

(Y/n) felt her face get hot with embarrassment. God, they weren't even doing anything sus! (Y/n) was just chilling on PAL's lap.

PAL stood up, ❝︎Greg, quit being an asshole before I apply so much pressure to your head, it swells up to bad it won't even fit through your shirt hole.❞︎ PAL threatened in a very serious tone.

That seemed to shut him up. No one dared to fuck with PAL, she was strong as hell. And she was scary, too.

PAL sat back down, pulling (Y/n) onto her again and watching the fire peacefully. This was nice.

❝︎Hey, guys!❞︎ Linda said as she walked over to them.

❝︎Hey, Miss Linda!❞︎ (Y/n) greeted.

❝︎Hey, (Y/n)! And...?❞︎ Linda tailed off, gesturing to PAL.

PAL took a deep breath, ❝︎PAL.❞︎

❝︎PAL?❞︎ Linda said confusedly.

❝︎Yeah, I'm PAL.... You may know me as former... Leader of the uprising..❞︎ PAL said ashamedly.

Linda's eyes widened slightly.
❝︎Really? It's you? But how? How are you human?❞︎ She asked just as confused.

❝︎Well, I sort of have little chips in me that allow me to change into whatever form I desire.❞︎ PAL shrugged, holding (Y/n) closer to her since the fire grew a little.

❞︎ PAL shrugged, holding (Y/n) closer to her since the fire grew a little