Chapter 17 - Christmas in The Air

It was a cold, December evening and (Y/n) had snuck out of the house to buy a gift for PAL. She had saved up a decent amount of money for a certain “gift” she planned on getting PAL from day one.

She walked into the [REDACTED] store and picked out which [REDACTED] looked best. It was shiny and glistened in the light. It was beautiful.

°~•♪♥♪•~°

PAL was sitting on the couch at home, reading a book. Man, it was so boring! She set it down on the ottoman and turned on the TV, looking for something to watch. Eh, nothing really seemed to be on so she just settled on Hell's Kitchen. Man, she found that show to be stressful yet hilarious.

Just then, the front door opened and in walked (Y/n).

❝︎(Y/n)! Where have you been‽ I've been looking for you everywhere!❞︎ PAL said as she jumped up and hugged her tightly.

❝︎Ah! PAL!❞︎ (Y/n) laughed, hugging back.
❝︎Heheh, sorry, I went out to get you a present for Christmas!❞︎ (Y/n) smiled as she held a box behind her back.
❝︎Now, you can't open it until Christmas or Christmas Eve, okay?❞︎ (Y/n) said.

❝︎Ah, alright, fine.. I'll wait.❞︎ PAL said glumly.

❝︎Ah, hey, it's okay! It's only seven days away, you'll be fine.❞︎ (Y/n) said as she pecked PAL on the cheek.

PAL blushed and put her hand where (Y/n) had kissed her.

°~•♪♥♪•~°

It was Christmas Eve and whoo, was everyone in a rush for baking and last minute gifts! PAL took (Y/n) out for a while for some coffee and Secret Santa gift shopping.

❝︎Alright, I got Aunt Carol and she wants a make up bag. Where would I find one of those around here?❞︎ PAL asked.

PAL wasn't familiar with this strange town at all, even though she had lived here for almost a year.

❝︎Uhm, maybe The Sunflower Store? I dunno, mom shops there so Aunt Carol probably does, too.❞︎ (Y/n) shrugged.

PAL nodded, heading into the store with (Y/n).

❝︎Oh! Look, some new essential oils! Mom and Aunt Carol love these! Here, take this for Aunt Carol because she has insomnia and it's supposed to help with sleep. And I'll get this for mom because mom honestly needs help with stress.❞︎ (Y/n) said as they both put the oils in the basket.

❝︎Hey!❞︎ The manager, Mrs. Shelbi, waved.

(Y/n) waved back, seeing that she was on the phone.

❝︎You know her?❞︎ PAL asked.

❝︎Yeah, I met her through my parents.❞︎ (Y/n) smiled.

❝︎Ah, neat!❞︎ PAL smiled.

The girls never did find a make up bag there, but they did get some cereal bars and cookies for mom and Aunt Carol. They bought them and then headed nextdoor to Sally Henson.

❝︎Okay, I'm gonna be straightforward here: Do you sell make-up bags here?❞︎ PAL asked.

❝︎Nope. I know, I know, we're a make-up store and we don't sell the bags. You can call Sally Henson and yell at 'em if ya want.❞︎ One of the ladies at the front said.

❝︎Damn, alright, let's go.❞︎ PAL said as they turned around and walked out of the store.

❝︎Oh, but TJ Max or Big Lots might have them!❞︎ The lady called.

❝︎Okay, thanks!❞︎ PAL shouted back.

°~•♪♥♪•~°

❝︎Okay, yeah, that's not happening.❞︎ PAL said as she saw how full the parking lot was at Big Lots.