implementation

A Brother’s Deception.                          Chapter 2, Implementation                                              ****
Caleb looked at Dakota, concern in his eyes. “What’s wrong, my love? I’m here for you," He said softly as he wiped her tears with his thumb.

“My father just called. I’m having a hard time with what he told me."

Caleb gently rubbed his thumb across her knuckles, his gaze locked on hers.

“Kota love, what did he tell you?”

“He’s choosing your brother’s firm.”
Caleb’s lips pursed as he blew soft raspberries.
                                                                  “That’s sad. I hope he’ll be able to trust Carson.”

“You took that well," Dakota remarked, curiosity in her voice.

"It’s all part of business. Maybe it’s better we don’t mix business with pleasure since we’re dating." Caleb leans in, kissing Dakota sweetly.

"What is it love? Were you concerned in how I would take the decision?”

"It’s not about his decision, but this."
                                                                    Dakota shows Caleb the email that was sent to her. Caleb carefully reads the email, his jaw tensing and his eyes burning from unshed tears.

"Dakota … my love, all the information about this case is not here. “

"What information? "Dakota asks irritably, causing Caleb to swallow thickly.

"First. Yes, my father did wrong or what some call shady things with this case."

"Okay, so your father wasn’t upright in this case. What information is missing? Because from what I see this looks like embezzlement to me.”

"Yes, when I found out what was happening, I took over the case. I did everything I could to make it right. Come to the office Monday and I’ll show you the file. Once Rylen and I convinced my father to retire because otherwise he would be looking at jail time, we worked diligently with the client to set it right. We still have this client to this day. And we have done a lot of good since then. "

Caleb seeing Dakota in tears, gently pulls her into his arms. "Caleb, I just don’t…know. ".
                                                                   Dakota gently pulls away from Caleb, getting dressed and pulling on her shoes.

"Love, where are you going? "Caleb voice is filled with concern as he reached out for Dakota.

"I’m going home. I need ... space.” Dakota chokes on her words as tears threatened to fall.

"Stay love, I’ll take you to the office in the morning to look at the file! Kota, I’m telling the truth!"
                                                                       Caleb pleaded with Dakota while fighting back his own tears and anger.

"I can’t! Caleb, I need space! "Dakota cries out.

"THEN LEAVE! "Caleb screamed.

Dakota couldn’t believe her ears.
"Speak to me when you’re ready to come to your senses! I’m not lying! I would never lie to you! ". 
                                                                     Tears were streaming down Caleb’s face, though his tone was authoritative and full of venom.

Dakota stared at him, her face filled with hurt and horror.

"Don’t go! I love you, Dakota! I’m sorry I got angry. But it’s not all there!”