9

Jax's POV

I was starting to get annoyed with this weird feeling

It's like my brain was moving in slow motion and while it didn't hurt or overly affect me, it was overly annoying.

Now I was stuck working the counter, which overly sucked. Dayton, Kate and the other artists I haven't met were all busy so I was the only one who could deal with walk ins, phones, and booking next appointments.

The main reason I was here though was to help Dayton. He had double booked himself by just a few minutes so while he finished up the tattoo he was currently working on, I was going to wait for his next appointment and show them the design he came up with and stall him until Dayton could get away.

Dayton should be done kind of soon though so maybe I won't even have to worry about it. But of course, that didn't happen. The guy ended up walking in only a few minutes before Dayton said he would be done.

He had seemed nice enough until I showed him the design, then it was like someone had flipped the switch.

"Why would I ever put this on my skin. It's literally the worst thing ever. I can't believe you actually came up with this. How do you think you are going to be a good artist if you come up with things like this."

Carter sighs and the next thing I know, I'm on the couch.

I expect for Carter to go off on him for being rude but before I have the chance to brace myself, I catch myself looking around the front room, my eyes landing on someone sitting beside me.

I knew without having to look for long that it was Carter but we had a different problem here.

'What are you doing here,' he yelled as he stared at me with wide eye. 'You're supposed to be up there,' he yelled again while pointing at the screen.

'Me? You're supposed to be up there! I thought you were you trying to front so I fell back.'

'Then who the hell is that,' he yelled again as he stared up at the screen.

"This isn't my design though," my body whispered out as it looks to the door at the desk.

"You still looked at this and thought that it was suitable to go on anyone?" He yelled again, making my body flinch back. I could feel their panic even from back here as they played with their hands.

"I'm sorry but I don't know what you want me to do-" he whispered out again just as Dayton came back from his station.

"What's happening out here," he asked in a harsh voice and a glare, only making the new alter flinch back even more.

"Your design is terrible," the man yelled again.

"Okay, then why are you yelling at him about it? You know good and damn well that he wasn't your artist." Dayton's yell defiantly wasn't helping the new alter.

'Can't you do something?' I ask Carter.

'What on earth do you want me to do,' Carter all but seethed out as he stared at the screen.

'Can't you force him back like you do with me?'

'You think I haven't been trying this whole time,' he seethed out again. 'They're fighting me for some reason.' I can't help but groan and Dayton and the man get into a full-blown screaming match.

I only watch as Dayton all but pushed the man out of the shop while our body moves to the bathroom.

'Is this what a panic attack feels like from back here?'

'No, they aren't panicking, not yet at least. They just need a minute,' Carter whispered. 'Try not to be loud.'

I watch as the new alter looks in the bathroom mirror and stares at my face before taking a few deep breathes.