43

of this chapter was smut but with Wattpad's new content guidelines, it had to be removed. If you want to read the smut it is still available on Tapas, Inkitt, and the free membership page on my Patreon. 

Jax's POV

"You're doing pretty good for your first day on the gun. You've already improved a lot since this morning," Dayton said as he leaned over my shoulder to watch.

The tattoo pen vibrated in my hand as I traced my design onto the banana but I try to block out that feeling in order to not mess up.

After the past few days, Dayton had declared that I needed to be cheered up and offered to let me learn this today since we didn't have very many appointments today anyway.

I had been doing small designs all day to the point where multiple fruits lay discarded at my feet, all of which having several ounces of ink of them.

"You think I'll be able to do one on an actually person soon?" I asked, for once being serious, not just asking to get under his skin.

"Probably not. Not a lot of people are willing to let an apprentice tattoo them. Plus you need more practice. You're not doing badly on fruit but fruit don't move around either. If you make your own design and find someone willing to let you do it though, make the appointment for a few months and I'll let you do it then. You have a few boyfriends, maybe they'll let you try it."

I wanted to scoff at that but I push away the urge.

"I doubt it. They don't really seem like tattoo people. I might be able to convince Callum if I beg him enough but that's as far as I would get."

"Any practice is better than nothing at all. If you have any friends you could try them to."

"I don't have many of those." Kyle would be into it but we haven't talked much since camp; just a text every now and then and the same goes for Boyd. We were both just too busy to hang out but it was okay. We both knew this was probably going to happen for a few months.

"That's a shocker," Dayton teased but I didn't bother saying anything else as I tried to focus. "Don't start anything after that so you can go home. It's starting to get kind of late."

"Are you serious? I'm not leaving ever again. Who knows the next time you're going to let me use this things again?"

"This is why you don't have friends," Dayton sighed as he walked back to the front counter just the phone began to ring.

When I was done with the tattoo I sighed before cleaning and wiping down every thing I had touched.

"I guess I'm off then," I whispered as I passed Dayton, who was still on the phone. He nodded without looking up from what ever he was writing, meaning he had at least heard me but I've learned that acknowledging and hearing are two different things when it comes to Dayton.

I pull out my phone the second I'm out of the shop to see that I have a rather simple text from Callum waiting for me.

'Come home before you go to the hospital. We'll be waiting for you.'

I already know where this is going, Carter said as he stood up off the couch and ushered for Bram and Kyra to follow.

'He doesn't mean like that,' I scoff at him with a small eye roll.

We both know that's exactly what he means. It's Callum after all.

He had a point.

Honestly I kind of hoped he was right at this point. With everything that's happened these past few weeks, I think we could all use a little release.

I nearly jogged all the way home until I was finally standing outside the door. I forced myself to take a few deep breaths before opening it and coming inside.

"I'm home," I called out when I noticed no one was in the living room but when no one answered I got the hint that I was supposed to come look for them, as if they would be anywhere other than the bedroom.

I take off my socks and shoes before I even make it to the bedroom, which was closed for once. We almost never closed the door.

For a second I debated on whether I should take my clothes off too but after only a few seconds I decided I didn't want to wait long enough for it so I walked in the room and shut the door behind me without another thought.

Last updated August 19, 2021