15

Callum's POV

My day went about like normal.

I went work, got a little mad but nothing that would send me over the edge, and then I came home.

At first I thought no one else was home but I realized I was wrong when I heard noise coming from the spare bedroom.

Assuming Jax was just working out a bit, I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. I flipped through channel after channel until landing on some show about sharks.

I expected Jax to come out of the spare room any second now but as I got farther into the show, my hope was starting to run out. I started to get a bad feeling when my show ended and Jax was still in there.

He's gotten to where he only works out for about 30 minutes so unless he started as soon as I got in, he's been going on for a while.

I can't help but frown to myself as I get a bottle of water from the kitchen before heading down the hall to the spare room.

When I got to the room, I expected to see Jax working at his normal pace, not going to hard, just enough to get the bag to move and to work up a sweat, but what I was pretty much the exact opposite.

Carter was up front. Every hit he made was nearly enough to make the bag hit the wall. His face was red and set in a hard glare and his hands looked pretty close to bleeding. He looked like he didn't know there was anyone else in the world.

I didn't know what I should be doing. If he was trying to fight off a panic attack then I should just let him keep going until he exhausted himself, but if this was him trying to get something out, I should probably stop him before he hurts himself.

After a while of him still going full on, I decided to step in just in case and deal with the consciences later.

"I think it's dead now, you can stop now," I try to say gentle but he still jumps a bit at my words.

Carter only gives out a huff as he steps away from the bag but he still doesn't face me.

"How long have you been going at it," I asked as I try to get a better look at his hands. He only shrugs me off as he reached for the bottle in my hand. "That didn't sound like an answer," I said as I moved the bottle away from him. He gives me another huff as a scowl falls onto his face.

"I don't know, maybe an hour?"

"Did something happen at work or something?"

"No," he said but it didn't take a genius to know he was lying but I give him the water anyway.

He chugs the whole thing in one go before turning back to the bag.

"I think you need to be done for the day," I spit out a little harsher than I meant to.

"You're dom talk doesn't work on me," he said with another scowl as he got down into his stance.

I only hum as I step in front of the bag before he has the chance to punch it, making his scowl deepen.

"So you wanna tell me what happened now," I said with my sweetest smile but he didn't seem impressed as he turned away and sent to leave the room. "I can only help if you tell me about it."

"I didn't ask for help."

"Your mouth might not have but your body language is screaming for help." I expected for him snap at me but he only sighed as his shoulders lost all tension.

"Just drop."

"I will as soon as you tell me what's wrong."

For a second he was quiet as he stood there, probably talking to Jax about something before he turned around. Tears were balancing on his water line as he bit his lip to keep himself from making a sound.

"I can't take this anymore," he whispered out as he dropped to the floor; I was beside him in a second as I pulled him onto my lap. "He's driving me crazy!"