24

Callum's POV

I can't help but sigh as Carter gently closes the door behind him.

"Why does he always run away," Liam groaned as he fell back onto the couch. "Nothing will change if we don't talk."

"You're not exactly the innocent one here," I scoffed as I replayed everything in my head. "I didn't say anything at the time but I'm with Carter. A few minutes before we come home isn't a very good warning. You were with him all day and a few minutes before we all came home is when you final talk about hanging out here?"

Liam frowned as he rubbed his face.

"I just really want you guys to like him, why is that so bad?"

"Because you keep forcing it on us. Carter doesn't like him but he doesn't feel comfortable leaving him with Jax so he's going to stay in front. So after working all day with someone else he doesn't really like, he has to come home and deal with someone else."

"Why do you even want us to like him this much," Ryder asked gently as he pulled Liam into his chest. "You've only known him for a month; he can't have grown on you thins much already."

"He's just a really good person," he brushes off but we can both tell there's something else.

I stood firmly with Jax when it came to liars. I couldn't stand them. Before now, Liam has never had a problem with it but if he's hiding something now it will be the second lie in the span of only a few months, which was unheard of for Liam. It was even worse considering he just got Jax to forgive him about him telling Andrew about the eating disorder.

Maybe it was because I was tired, maybe it was because I was mad that he wasn't telling us something, or maybe my patience had just depleted for the night but I stood up from the couch without another word as I headed towards the shower.

I never thought I would say this, but I was kind of starting to miss camp. Shit like this never happened there.

"Oh so you're walking out too then? What happened to Problem-solving Callum?"

"I can only solve problems when I know everything I need to know about it. So when you're ready to let me help, let me know."

"You think I'm lying about something," he asked, his voice faltering as anxiety slipped in.

"I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is something is happening and you aren't ready to tell us what it is. So when you are ready just let us know and we will help you, but until then be patient with us. This isn't only frustrating for you."

I hear Liam sigh as he leaned farther into Ryder but I force myself to just head to the shower like I planned.

If I didn't calm myself down fast I was going to have to join Carter on his run and considering I had to get up early tomorrow, that probably wouldn't be smart.

I can't help but sigh to myself as I let the water run down my body.

I don't know what Liam's problem is but if he doesn't be more patient with everyone, I was about to punish him. He wasn't being very considerate to the rest of us considering he was the one with the secret.

I might punish him anyway for blowing up at Carter for no reason. Hell, if I can think of a non-sexual punishment for Carter, I'll probably punish him too. Liam wasn't the only one in the wrong here.

Liam shouldn't have been pushing things when he was keeping secrets but Carter could have at least tried to get along with James; that and he was the first one to start the actual fight since he felt the need to start yelling and being sarcastic when he could have taken things serious.

Yea, I might just punish both of them.

Liam's POV

I sat in Andrew's office as I try to work up my nerves to tell him that I was seeing Jem again.