38

Carter's POV

'You have to,' Kyra sighed but I always already shaking my head.

'I don't feel like it,' I mumbled as I shifted farther into the closet.

They had been trying to convince me to go for at least half an hour at this point but I could tell they were starting to get tired of it. If I could keep at it for a few more minutes then I would win.

'At least try it,' Jax tried. 'Just for a little bit; I'll front for you if it gets too bad.'

He still looked half asleep as he leaned on the closet door while Kyra stood on the other side. They both had their arms crossed in front of them as they stared down at me, neither of them looked very pleased either.

'I'll try it later.'

'There is no later,' Jax sighed as he rubbed his face. 'Liam probably had to beg for this session. Seth probably doesn't have many openings like this so if you don't go today then you'll have to wait a week until your actual session comes around.'

'I honestly just don't feel like it today. I can wait until next week.'

'Carter, you have to,' Kyra demanded, a new wave of determination flashing in her eyes. 'It's not just for you. Your boyfriends are worried. We are worried. You haven't been yourself in a while and you know it. None of us will interrupt your session but you need to go to. How are you supposed to help Jax if you can't even help yourself?'

I scowled at that but didn't answer.

Kyra gave a small scoff as she looked over to Jax.

'He already hates me and it's for his own good. Will you help me?' I had a feeling that I wasn't going to like where this was going. They must have been plotting something while I was asleep.

Jax frowned down at my but nodded.

'I'm sorry Carter but I agree you need this more than you think. Promise to forgive me for this later,' he said but before I had a chance to do anything his hands wrapped around my right wrist while Kyra took hold of my left.

The next thing I know they are dragging me down the hall and into the front room.

I tried to fight against them but together they were stronger than I was, especially now that I'm tired.

'Let go,' I groaned as I dug my feet into the floorboard but it did nothing to slow them down.

'Not unless you're willing to walk there by yourself,' Kyra strained while I tried to pull my hand from her.

When I didn't answer she seemed to understand that I wasn't willing to so she fought hard until I was forced to sit on the couch.

Realistically I knew that if I gave them a good enough reason right now they would stop but even I had to admit it would probably help even if I didn't want to do it.

'I'm going to have to tell him about your dad,' I sighed as I stared at the screen where Bram was talking Ryder's ear off as they walked to Seth's office.

Callum and Liam looked down at us as if they sensed that I was back on the couch.

'You will,' Jax confirmed sadly as he sat down with me.

'I knew I was going to have to eventually but I hoped it was going to take a while first.'

'If you want you can try to stay off of him and wait until we see Andrew next time. I'll give you my session if you need it.'

I shook my head while Bram walked into the stuffy lobby.

'No point in it since I'm already here," I sighed.