42

Liam's POV

Apparently Jem, Patrick, and Andrew had come by at some point last night but I don't think anyone other than Carter actually woke up and talked to them. The rest of us were just too tired. If it hadn't been for the fact that Jax was up front before they woke up and that he can't sleep through anything, I don't think he would have talked to any of them either.

Hell, none of us even woke up for dinner later that night. The first one who was awake was Callum and he didn't even wake up until 9 this morning. We were all pretty exhausted to say the least.

Now it was noon and we had just now managed to wake Ryder up with the promise of food, courtesy of Jem who sat next to me while Carter tried to hide his small glare. Callum and Ryder didn't seem to care that he was here though. If anything they were happy to have his food.

"Why are you even here," Carter asked after a while. His words were rude but his voice wasn't as cold as usual so at least he was trying. "This isn't your problem."

Jem only shrugged as he shrank back into his chair a bit. He may act like a big bad dude but in reality he was a ball of social anxiety that was good at masking.

"Because Liam told me what was going on and I knew food cures all things for teenage boys," he said with an uncaring voice.

"He's not wrong," Ryder admitted sleepily as he shoved another fry into his mouth.

Seeing that Ryder was okay with it seemed to make Carter feel a bit better about it at least so he left it alone for now.

The day was actually pretty boring.

Random nurses came in every hour for check ups, the four of us talked while Carter ignored Jem and watched the TV instead, all of us trying to distract Ryder, sending Jem on food missions every time someone was snackish, and then later sending him on a dinner run since he was the only one with money to spare.

Almost as soon as Jem left, Patrick came in for a visit, which made Carter frown a bit.

"Were you just waiting for Jem to leave," he asked blankly but anyone who knew him well enough could tell he was teasing for some reason.

"No," he brushed off with a notable blush around his neck. "I just got off work and decided to stop by to see if you guys needed anything."

"I think we're all good. Jem has been here to help all day," Ryder sighed. He was clearly starting to get bored.

"Have you kid napped any more kids recently," Jax teased as he pushed Carter away from front.

"I haven't kid napped anyone, I detained or arrested. There's a bit difference," he said with an eye roll making Callum glare at him.

"You literally shoved me in your cop car with out a word with literally no evidence. How is that not kidnapping?"

"People were shooting at us, I was trying to keep you from being dead," he defended with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Still kid napping," he huffed as he pulled Ryder closer into him.

"Shame on you Patrick," Jem gasped as he walked into the room with a wide smile on his face. "Kidnapping is a very serious crime. I would think a man of your standing would know better than to attempt it."

Ryder laughed but tried to cover it up with a small cough while Callum was a lot less caring about hiding his amusement.

Patrick glared at him but said nothing to defend himself but my main focus was on Jem.

He may be an asshole but he doesn't tend to tease people he doesn't know unless he's flirting. That coupled with the small smirk and Patrick's small blush lead to an interesting question.