25

Jax's POV

To say the past few days have been tense would be an understatement; not just between our boyfriends but also between everyone in the system.

I wasn't exactly talking to Kyra, Carter wasn't talking to anyone purely because he was still kind of pissed just in general, Kyra was still trying to ease the awkwardness but it wasn't working and was actually just making I worse, and Bram was taking Kyra's side purely because he liked her more; I don't think he even fully understood why we were fighting.

An honestly, I wouldn't even be mad at Kyra if she hadn't attempted to lecture Carter after the fight with Liam. She's been in here for a few weeks and as was already acting like she ran the place but she couldn't tell what any of us needed besides Bram; and she was too high and mighty to ask so she just made everything worse.

Her few words about how he shouldn't have fought with Liam was going to set him back.

She wasn't here for Carter's break down when he broke up with all of them or when Andrew told him that his feelings mattered too and that he couldn't just shove down everything for their sake. And now that he finally did it, finally put his feelings out for everyone to see, he was getting yelled at for it.

Now I'll admit, he could have done it in a better way but I would have brought that up in a few hours after he had calmed down a bit.

But oh no, first he got yelled at by Liam, which was bad enough, then he got lectured by Kyra, and now he just felt like shit and was starting to feel guilty even though it wasn't entirely his fault. He had threated to go to Liam and demand to see James again just so he could mask the whole time and make them think he tolerated them but every time he tried to do it, I forced him back last minute.

Kyra had tried to apologies to the both of us for doing it and while Carter forgave her; I was still mad. She could have ruined so much and it pissed me off.

I forced myself to stop thinking about it as I opened the door to the apartment. My hand instinctively threw my keys on the table as I walked into the living room before stopping in my tracks.

Andrew sat on one of the chairs, holding a casual conversation with Callum, who smiled when he saw me.

"Did I interrupt a session," I asked, ready to ease back out of the apartment if I had.

"No, he's in cahoots with Liam and is sworn to secrecy until everyone gets here," Callum said as he waved me over. I didn't need to be told twice as I dropped down in his lap.

"I love you," he announced before lowering his voice. "You're not sore or anything right?"

"I'm fine," I say with an eye roll. "I love you too though."

"Ryder and Liam should be back soon," he noted. "I don't know how long this will last so I don't want to start supper yet so I don't really know what to do."

"Because just having a conversation with me until they get here is just the worst thing you could imagine," I teased with mock offense as I went to get off of him but his arms tightened around me before I could get far.

"Fine then, what do you want to talk about?"

"Are there any new kids in our cabin yet," I asked as I turned back to Andrew.

"Just one kid. He's... something else," Andrew said with a sigh.

"In a good or bad way," Callum asked with a small smirk.

"It's not really good or bad. He's a bit like Jax and Liam mixed together but he doesn't have any cabin mates to make him be social. He's been by himself there since you guys left and he only leaves the cabin when he has to."