Chapter 7

Sorry for the shorter chapter! I ended up getting writer's block and didn't really know what to add, but I eventually got over it! I also downloaded procreate on my iPad and wanted to try my hand at digital art so that happened as well.... but anyway, enjoy!

~Tobirama POV~

Tobirama leaned back into the chair, sighing as he rustled through the growing pile of papers stacked up on the desk. It had been three weeks since the encounter with the Senju at their borders, yet he still wasn't able to get any information about his counterpart.

The elders continued to hound him daily, persistently complaining about the Senju and requesting the movements of troops to engage in another battle; however, Tobirama was doing his best to evade the subject when it arose. Engaging in combat with his brother was the last thing he wanted to do, and Madara would surely oppose fighting his younger brother if he genuinely was inhabiting his body.

Tobirama placed his head on the desk and sighed, closing his eyes, trying to ease his growing headache further. He had basically been living at this desk for the past four days, trying to go through the clan documents and old records to familiarize himself with specific customs and events vital for the clan head to know. Still, he was not expecting the pile of paperwork that had been building up due to his negligence of clan duties.

Tobirama tilted his head upwards as he heard the door slide open.

"Aniki, you've been holding yourself in here for the past FOUR days. Four days Aniki!" Izuna stormed in.

"Clan duties call, Izuna," Tobirama concealed a yawn, stretching his arms back as he leaned into the chair, offering nothing but an indifferent gaze towards the younger.

"I'm sure you could spare a solid hour to spar with me, yeah? Hikaku is busy with someone. He won't tell me who, but I think he's going to ask someone out! I was going to spy, but I realized that I am more sensible and respectful than that, so I decided to convince you to spar with me!" Izuna exclaimed, smirking.

The young Uchiha walked over towards the desk, scooching a pile of papers away as he sat down.

"Woah, so sensible, good for you," Tobirama rolled his eyes sarcastically. "I suppose I could spare you some time. I need to stretch out anyway."

"Nice, I'll meet you at the training grounds. Prepare to get your ass beat," Izuna called, jogging out the door.

Tobirama slipped on his gloves and made his way out the door, breathing in the fresh air as the cool breeze swept across his face. He turned the corner and stepped down into the grass, standing a fair distance away from Izuna, who was tilting back and forth on his feet in anticipation.

The two men gave each other looks, signaling that they were ready. Izuna sprinted forward, sword drawn from his hip. Tobirama balanced himself out before grabbing two matching dual blades. The metals clashed against each other, leaving sparks in their wake. Jumping back from the initial impact, Izuna charged again, changing his fighting pattern to confuse him. Tobirama blocked the blades before attacking himself, leaving Izuna on the defense.

The two exchanged blows, being relatively equal in power. However, Tobirama was holding back a fair bit.

Tobirama jumped back, sheathing his blades, hands signing at an incredible speed.

"Fire Release: Fire Dragon Blast!" Tobirama called out, casting a massive stream of fire towards the younger.

The jutsu dissipated, leaving a grinning Izuna Uchiha on the opposite end. "Oh? We are getting serious now. I like the looks of this!"