Chapter 18

I felt bad for all my short updates, so I wrote this one throughout the day since I had some free time, lol.

(This bitch was writing fanfiction during science class yall should feel # b l e s s e d)

But enjoy! (This is also unedited, so any typos or unclear things you see, please comment on them!)

~Mito POV~

Mito walked in silence with her envoy, admiring the nature around them. She looked calm, yes, but she was pretty nervous. Today she would be meeting the Senju clan head, Hashirama Senju. Her future husband.

Mito had met Tobirama Senju twice when he came to study sealing with her father and when he came to make negotiations about strengthening clan bonds as the acting clan head when Hashirama was on an emergency meeting; however, the true clan head was always unavailable to grace them with his appearance.

True to his appearance, the man was icy and stoic—a seasoned shinobi trained to smother his emotions.

Mito would never say it to his face, but Butsuma Senju sure did a number on him, training him to be the perfect second-hand man to his elder brother. It was pretty unfortunate and cruel as it was, having to grow up so quickly and always expected to take a second to your brother.

The group halted suddenly as a small group of shinobi approached them, dawning the Senju crest on their forehead bands.

"Uzumaki-Hime," the head of the group greeted cordially.

Dipping her head in a greeting, Mito waved her hand slightly. "Pleasure, Senju-san."

Said Senju gave a brief smile before getting back to the task at hand. "We have been sent to escort you the rest of the ways to the Senju Compound. However, this area is a border with that of the Uchiha, so we must tread carefully from here on."

Mito glanced towards the thick forest surrounding the path, the branches long and wide, leaves slowly browning with the weather.

"Many thanks. I will be sure to give my gratitude to the clan head for his accommodations...." She trailed off, her hand slipping into her robe as she pulled out a seal.

"Hm?" The Senju asked, gazing over towards the Uzumaki Princess.

"Stealth seal. Though it isn't perfected quite yet, it can mask the majority of chakra, allowing for safe passage if this way is as risky as you say...."

Grabbing a handful more of seals. Mito distributed them to her companions, fastening the papers to their armor.

"Now we mustn't waste time; let's hurry now," another Senju hushed. "If we want to make it by noon."

Nodding, the group lept off, making haste.

~Madara POV~

Madara sat in the office, tapping his foot impatiently, twirling the strand of black hair in his hand. The side of his hand was stained with ink from the previous proceedings of his frantic- no Madara would ever admit he sent a desperate message to Tobirama.

He had just sent his hateful message to Tobirama, worry increasing in his gut. If this were how the body-switching would wear off, they would be put at a significant disadvantage.

Leaving their respective clans would be inadequate, not knowing how long it would take to go back to normal, and most importantly, the number of eyes watching them.