Chapter 17

Im backkk! I hope you enjoy this update that is unedited.... (So if you see any mistakes please comment them down below, or just anything that doesn't make sense in general)

 Also, sorry my chapters have been shorter than usual as well, I've been swamped with personal and school stuff!

Anyway, Enjoy!

~Izuna POV~

Izuna stood on the pier, his feet cast into the koi pond as he kicked the water up, ripples spreading through the spring. His teeth snapped tightly shut around the stick of Dango placed in his mouth as footsteps echoed from behind him. Then, holding the wooden stick between his fingers, Izuna spun around, eyes fixated on the approaching figure.

"Izuna-sama." Hikaku greeted cordially, dipping his head as he closed the distance.

"Hikaku," Izuna greeted, mouth still stuffed with the food.

Hikaku paused, looking ahead before sitting down, meeting Izuna's level. Narrowing his eyes, Izuna observed the worry swimming within his cousin's eyes with a keen look.

"You seem unnerved, Hikaku; what's troubling you?" Izuna pressed his lips into a thin line, casting aside the previously whole stick of Dango.

"Before jumping to conclusions, I wish to have you hear out the whole story Izuna," Hikaku lowered his head, his eyes still carefully observing for reactions on Izuna's face.

Izuna nodded slowly, confusion slightly creeping onto his unreadable face as he waited to hear his clansmen's proclamation.

"I happened to overhear Madara-sama a few weeks previous when going to deliver some documents..." Hikaku pressed his hands together, slightly nervous before continuing. "I happened to overhear him while he was in his train of thought and what he said was quite... strange."

Izuna narrowed his eyes, a slight frown curling over his lips. "How so?"

"Madara-sama... It could just be stress from being the head of the clan so recently, but the way he was speaking..."

Izuna raised his eyebrow, motioning at his companion to continue.

"He spoke concerning how a creature had attached itself to his chakra and was stalking him... how it had been there since he was a child. A creature so old it possibly had been through our clan's history."

"That's quite strange... what is aniki thinking?" Izuna muttered, brushing his chin in thought.

"That's not all, Izuna. He spoke the whole time in the third person."

Izuna looked up, his eyes wider. "What do you mean?"

Hikaku shook his head. "He spoke of how it was stalking Madara. He never said him. Strangest of all, he said he needed to get in contact with Madara..."

Izuna stared at Hikaku wide-eyed and confused. What did he mean by that? "Are you sure this is what you heard to a tea?"

Hikaku nodded grimly. "I could never forget it. I continued to observe for some time after, and it appears he's been getting secret scrolls from an unknown affiliate as well."

Izuna looked down at the wooden dock underneath his feet. "He has been acting more distant... I just assumed it was stress, but if what you said is true, we need to address it as soon as possible. For the good of the clan."

Hikaku nodded in agreement. "We need to gather more evidence, though, becuase this is quite a pressing matter."

Izuna tilted his head in thought before snapping his fingers. "I believe I know what to do."

~Tobirama POV~

Tobirama stood in the mirror, a scrutinizing gaze as he observed his appearance. Hints of red swam within the once coal-black eyes of the body he inhabited. Tobirama rubbed his eyes in an attempt to disease the hallucination, but to no avail.

"What in the..." He muttered, pressing his palms against the glass as he closed in, attempting to observe his sudden switch in appearance.

"Well damn... This isn't the Sharingan acting up, is it?" Tobirama asked himself, the apparent red strung throughout his eyes like a crimson ribbon adorned on a black surface.

"I hope I'm not dying..."

Tobirama grunted in annoyance, the notion of not understanding something knawing at him. Then, looking back into the mirror, he gave an icy glare, pointing at his reflection. "I'll deal with you later."

Spinning around, Tobirama raised his arm, casting a discreet henge over his eyes before turning towards the door, preparing for another day of arduous office work.

~3 Hours Later~

Tobirama dropped his brush, lifting a kunai as he whipped his head around towards the thump he heard against the window. Raising a brow in confusion, he opened the shutter; kunai firmly gripped within his calloused palm. Then, seeing as nothing was there, he quickly shut it, half disappointed an assassin hadn't come for his life.

A strange notion as it was, Tobirama would much rather be in a life or death situation than having to deal with the Uchiha Clans budget cuts.

~Izuna POV~

Izuna sprinted away, a white bird tucked underneath his arm, flapping its wings wildly.

"Fucking damn it!" Izuna cursed, gripping the bird as he made a bolt towards his quarters.

Slamming the door shut, Izuna let go of the bird that promptly flew to the edge of a shelf, propping itself up.

Hikaku deadpanned, starring from Izuna to the bird, both seemed to be glaring at each other?

"Izuna, what the hell?" Hikaku questioned, motioning towards the bitter falcon perched on the edge of the wood.

"What?" Izuna rebutted, waving his arms in annoyance. "I was on a walk pondering what you told me when I saw this messenger bird flying towards Aniki's private office without a clan moniker, and I thought, Aha! That must be it! So I grabbed it and ran!" He stated proudly.

Hikaku pressed his lips together, doing his best to keep from bursting into laughter as the image flashed through his mind. "I thought we agreed to conduct this carefully..." Hikaku stated, crossing his arms.

Izuna sputtered before dipping his head, a satisfied grin on his face. It's not like Aniki saw me, and after all, it was much too good of an opportunity to miss out on!"

Hikaku sighed before stepping towards the hostile falcon. Then, carefully, he slid the message out of the holder, unraveling the paper.

"Wow, no seals or anything. Either the person was in a crisis, or they are much too careless..." Izuna muttered from behind Hikaku's shoulder, both peering onto the paper.

The two squinted, reading the sloppy calligraphy on the message.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid! What the FUCK is up with your seal, huh? MY- I meant YOUR- you know what, never mind, you bastard. WHY IS MY HAIR CHANGING COLORS? I now have a DAMN evident streak of my usual black hair through YOUR PALE ASSES, and guess what? THE UZUMAKI ARE COMING TODAY!

You better get your ass to the river tonight because we need to fix this, and if your reading this and wondering, why is this guy so obsessed with my hair? WELL, I'm not, you Senju bastard, because MY NORMAL HAIR is in your hair! How does that even WORK? A henge is too apparent for an Uzumaki seal master to see, so you bet your-

"The rest is inelligable..." Izuna muttered...

Hikaku and Izuna both stared at the paper before Izuna grabbed it, crushing it in his hand. "What the hell was all of that supposed to mean..." He asked in a lowered voice.

Hikaku nodded, a stricken look crossing his face. "Perhaps we could go to the river to find out?"

Izuna let out a small burst of his chakra, the blazing inferno burning the paper to a crisp. "Let's."