Chapter 12

Authors note:   Hi I'm back lol

I went to the amusement park with some friends yesterday and there was a heat advisory but I couldn't find any water (Oop~) So when I was on a rollercoaster I passed out on the way down on the first hill and woke up I guess at the end when the ride stopped. (No one noticed the whole time;-;) And proceeded to walk around for another 12 hours on nothing but frickin toast because all the food stalls were either hella expensive or closed and when I got home I basically d i e d     okay done with my rant enjoy this chapter!

Oh yeah also this chapter is longer than usual because my writer's block kinda just disappeared and I got a burst of motivation lol

~Madara POV~

Madara sat impatiently on the floor of his quarters, leaning against the door, nervously fidgeting with his fingers. Hashirama was exhausted from the battle, doing much work to heal those who were wounded (A quite honorable feat if Madara had anything to say about it.)

The rest of the shinobi had already retired into their own spaces, drained and injured from the previous day. All the commotion caused at the compound left Madara with just enough time to slip away from onlookers and those who were ready to ask questions. He had caught the gaze of Touka, her eyes narrowing dangerously as if saying, tomorrow I'll raise hell on you, Uchiha.

Just the mere thought of being caught in Touka's rage shook him to the core. Now that Madara sat alone with his thoughts, he understood why Touka looked so pissed. Damn, I dragged Tobirama into making such an amateur mistake, and it will cost us.

Madara ran his hand through his white hair, closing his eyes in a futile attempt to soothe his growing headache. He slipped on a loose sleeping robe, laying above the futon covers, staring at the flickering of the shadows of the candles cast on the walls. The moon was full, the soft glow shining ever so slightly through the rafters into the room.

Having no motivation previously, Madara had thrown Tobirama's sword off to the side, not bothering to polish off the dirt and grime of the day, as it still lied in its sheath. Unfortunately, however, his armor had not been as lucky, for it was destroyed from the previous show of power, the bits of leather and iron strewn about the grounds.

Madara's eyes fluttered closed as the adrenaline left his body, and exhaustion hit him prominently, drawing him into much-needed rest.

~Timeskip to Morning~

Gold light hit the window, shining onto Madaras's face. Said man sat up, eyes squinting to peer towards the window, already alert. He clutched the bridge of his nose and exhaled heavily, resting a hand on his leg as he forced himself to his feet.

Madara grabbed shinobi-issued black pants, wrapping the ankles and slipping on a kunai holster to his thigh. Next, he slipped on a long-sleeved black shirt, not bothering for appearances.

It was about seven am, the streets still quiet. Madara treaded quietly, keeping towards the border of the paths, concealing his presence as he crept to the wooded areas right outside the compound.

Madara stood underneath the looming trees, sunlight peeking through the spaces in the green leaves, a golden pattern reflecting onto the forest floor. Imbuing chakra into his feet, he pressed the sole of his foot onto the trunk, walking up to the highest branch.

Looking down at the ground many feet below him, Madara allowed himself to relax slightly, knowing that soon someone would eventually find him to retell his part from the battle.

"Cousin~" A singsongy voice called from the roots of the tree. Madara froze as he anxiously peered down at the owner of the voice.

Touka stood on the ground, a hand covering her eyes as she peered up at the branches where he sat. Madara smiled sheepishly as he made his way down, wasting no time.