Chapter 24

Hello :)

I forgot my password and was to lazy to reset it...

and than life kicked off after summer and I kinda forgot this existed for a hot minute

BUT IM BACK and I hope you enjoy this chapter! 

Also please leave me any comments about weird grammar or inconsistencies I wrote this no beta'd and haven't looked back at my past chapters in a bit 

but besides that welcome back!

~Tobirama POV~

What followed Madara and Tobirama's banter was a comfortable silence as the two men made their way from their spot in the forest.

Tobirama glimpsed over at Madara. Staring at the man with a "new" set of eyes was undoubtedly a change, as he had almost grown used to his appearance.

Yeah... That's why im staring at him. Because I just got comfortable seeing that face every day.

Shaking himself from his thoughts, Tobirama broke the silence. "From my memory, which could be inaccurate based on my state, I have been gone for around three days, yes?"

Madara huffed, slowing down to accompany Tobirama by his side. "More like almost two weeks, you dimwit. I'm not even going to start lecturing you about your stupid mission choice since you probably realized what a dumbass you were while letting Zetsu paint my body with chakra seals."

Tobirama furled his brows, lips pressed thin but offering no rebuttal.

"Do you realize how worried I was? Because I dont think you do. When your chakra disappeared, my heart dropped, and I made the mistake of running from the Senju compound, offering no explanation to Hashirama."

"I truly am sorry," Tobirama responded quietly.

"I dont believe you," Madara stated, picking up speed.

"Madara, wait," Tobirama called, grabbing Madara's wrist firmly and pulling him back.

The two locked eyes very briefly before Madara turned his gaze away, black hair masking his expression.

"Thank you for coming after me. Whatever happens, we will figure it out," Tobirama announced.

"Yeah yeah, no need to thank me, Senju. I was doing my due diligence."

"Oh, come now, I thought we were past the part of formalities in our relationship, Madara," Tobirama frowned, faux sadness marring his face.

Madara sputtered, yanking his hand back to his chest. "I think I preferred you better when you were a prick."

"You love me," Tobirama smiled sarcastically.

"I do NOT!"

~Madara POV~

Madara stormed forward, a furious blush staining his cheeks as he heard his companion laughing in the background. Madara looked down at his wrist, still held against his chest, before throwing it down to his side again. "We need to hurry out of the Land of Water before nightfall. We weren't too far from the Land of Fire border, but we must make haste."

Tobirama made a grunt of agreement as the two continued through the marshy groves.

"I sense a group of chakra signatures moving towards our area. Mainly earth and wind..." Tobirama trailed off quietly, understanding what that entailed.

"Senju and Uzumaki," Madara muttered under his breath. "Anyone familiar?"

"Mito Uzumaki, as well as her bodyguard," Tobirama responded.