Chapter 20

Heyy lol

Im back after a few weeks of stress, essays, and testing. (ew, if yk yk)

ANYWAY... Here's this lovely late and kinda short update. Many apologies for just letting you guys wait a long time with no notifications of why

I hope you enjoy this update though, and I did this in a bit of a crunch so if you see any typos and things that just don't make sense, please comment on them!

Also sorry if this chapter kind of sounds a bit different from my normal writing style; I had to write 3 different research papers for school so the formality and seriousness may have slipped in!

Anyway, enjoy!

~Izuna POV~

Izuna sat on the edge of the bank of the small pond. The bright green grass folded over under his fingers firmly pressed into the earth. The sun had already begun to rise behind the clouds. A brisk cool air caused rippled in the water, his hair brushing past his jaw.

Izuna couldn't sleep after the events of the previous night. His mind seemed to race through many different questions and theories... and betrayal.

He didn't know what was truly going on, and he knew he was oblivious to the whole situation, only seeing one small part. Yet, despite this, he couldn't help the aching feeling as if he had been deceived and left out of a loop.

Izuna lowered his eyes, his forehead creasing. His brother had been under much stress as the rising clan head. The elders and Senju pushing him into a corner on a daily. However, Izuna didn't understand how Madara could suddenly change demeanor. He seemed relatively the same on the outside, but the aura he gave off was colder and distant.

Izuna stood up, exhaling deeply. That awful feeling he had been having for days still swelled within the pit of his stomach. He felt angered but didn't let the anger cloud the mistrust and confusion he still held. He understood that the only way he could find the truth was to confront his brother uprightly. After all... how bad could it be?

~Madara POV~

Madara played on his tatami mat; his unruly hair splayed across the messy blankets. Deep eyebags set beneath his red eyes, standing out against his ghostly pale skin. Signs of stress fell in between his eyebrows, a telltale sign he had been scrunching his eyebrow in thought.

The sun had begun to peak through the subtle openings in the walls and windows. However, the room remained dim, as Madara seemed to have no further motivation to get up.

Madara used his arms to roll up the blankets, hugging them to his chest as he pressed his face into the duvet. His eyelids slowly lowered as he looked down, his mind empty.

The previous night had been... eventful for lack of a better word. He felt utterly stuck out of the loop, anxiety overtaking him. Someone had been watching him... and it was thanks to his carelessness that he and Tobirama could be outed.

After retreating to his chambers, Madara took to dissociating from reality for the remainder of the night, trying to separate from his distress. Laying there in silence, he wasn't sure how long he was in that position. There was a sense of comfort in nothingness, perhaps, no thoughts worrying or weighing his mind down.

Madara closed his eyes, breathing in deeply. The sound of a muffled knock echoed through his quiet room, resonating for a second. Twitching his eyebrow, Madara sat up, pushing the blankets off his legs.

His eyes were directed to the door, which was slowly sliding open. Sunlight flooded into the poorly lit room. Madara squinted, letting out an uncomfortable grunt. His eyes had not yet adjusted, but Madara could recognize the well-built figure standing in the door frame, terrible fashion sense and all.