Chapter 25

AUTHORS NOTE ! !

Omg hey guys- Heres the news: basically i wrote this chapter like 5 months ago but accidentally erased it from my computer with no backups and got mad- and decided to never write again

however, obviously here I am, writing this chapter.

ANYWAY- its a been a hot minute (like basically a year) so i did my best to stick with the story but the pacing may be... eh in this chapter (It may seem to fast but I couldn't drawl on about more descriptions anymore my writers block was SCREAMING)

Anyway enjoy! Im going to start the next chapter tehe.

~Senju Compound: One day after "Tobirama" Suddenly left~

Hashirama paced around the small meeting room, his face pressed into his hands as a tired expression covered his features.

"He still isn't back yet," he muttered softly into his palms.

Mito Uzumaki rested the palm of her hand on his shoulder and lightly pulled him to face her. "No need to worry, Hashirama. Your brother is an excellent warrior, and I have no doubt whatever he is doing- he is safe."

Hashirama sighed and sat back down, his head falling back. "He's just been so different lately... I'm worried about him. He never just leaves without an explanation."

Mito pursed her lips lightly before turning back to the man. "I could... go out and look for him? We Uzumaki's do have excellent sensor skills after all," she laughed lightly.

Hashirama's eyes sparkled slightly. "I can't ask you to do that..." He whispered.

"I want to. Wouldn't want my future family member to be hurt, would I?" She returned a small smile.

Forgetting propriety, Hashirama surged forward and wrapped his arms around her shoulder, pulling her into an embrace. "Thank you..."

Getting over the initial shock of Hashirama's boldness, Mito sighed into his arms, her own coming to rest on his back. "Of course."

~Present day; Madara POV~

Madara rested his head against the wooden floor of the inn as he stared at the ceiling. His hands ran up his face as he groaned, rolling onto his side in exasperation.

"Why are you rolling around on the floor like a petulant child," a voice drawled out.

Madara bolted up and, trying to regain face, offered a quick rebuttal. "I don't know what you're talking about..."

Tobirama entered the room, a pile of seal paper and ink tucked under his arm. "Sure now..."

The two simply stared at each other for a minute, before Madara grabbed some of the papers and ink from Tobirama's grasp, his fingers lightly brushing against his arm as he did.

"Let- start," Tobirama choked out.

Madara raised his eyebrow but said nothing, settling back on the floor and grabbing the brush. "Let's hope your time away from your body didn't make your calligraphy skills subpar."

To his surprise, Tobirama didn't bite back with a witty response- rather, the man was completely lost in his thoughts.

"Hey-" Madara snapped in front of his face. "Come back from wherever you are."

Tobirama jumped slightly before a tinge of rouge colored his cheeks. Probably just the lighting. It was sunset, after all.

Tobirama quickly cleared his throat, nodding. "Sorry, I was thinking..."