Chapter 22

I'm back lol sorry- school has been annoying and I decided to take a break to focus on some other stuff (*cough cough reading fan fiction*) so I ended up slacking on this one... oops?

Also like- I swear I was going to start writing another chapter but than my computer broke so boom another week went by- BUT THAN I GOT IT FIXED- but than a new season of my favorite show came out so I was out of commission once again-

ANYwAY enough excuses I hope you enjoy this chapter! I didn't edit it much so please tell me if there are any awkward mistakes or things that don't make sense- or just areas lacking in general.

Enjoy!

~Tobirama POV~

Tobirama had been traveling for hours through the fog. Maybe even days. He was unsure, as the more time he has spent in the mist, the more the seconds, minutes, and hours melded together. His legs ached terribly. For the amount of time he had been traveling, he should have seen the familiar landmarks of Water country, yet he was still unable. The fog had only grown thicker and heavier. As time marched on, he felt his senses begin to go hazy, as if he was drunk on strong liquor.

"it's the fog... damn it," Tobirama slurred, forcing himself to move quicker. He sent out small bursts of concentrated Chakra around himself, just enough to break any genjutsu's or other methods of ensnaring; however, the fog refused to dissipate. Instead, it only thickened around him to the point where his hands were no longer visible at his sides.

Tobirama took in a deep breath, holding it as he continued, but the panic he felt was becoming hard to ignore.

Thank goodness for the Uchiha and their strong lungs... he thought absentmindedly. This has to be a trap. This whole mission seemed strange, but I got too comfortable, of course. I didn't think it through and now look at this situation. I barely have enough strength to keep going, but who knows what will happen if I stop moving?

Tobirama wasn't sure when he started to breathe the fog in, but he knew it was over at that moment. His knees buckled as his vision went hazy, head pounding as the darkness overtook his vision, clawing from the sides. He began to panic, doing his utmost to prevent himself from falling unconscious in this trap and leaving himself vulnerable but was simply unable. As all started to go dark, he felt cold hands slip underneath his arms, pulling him upwards. There was no strength left in him, so as his head lolled to the side, he caught a glimpse of two yellow eyes gazing curiously at him before all faded to black.

Sorry, Madara...

~Zetsu Pov~

Zetsu peered down at the unconscious figure in his arms.

"Madara Uchiha... so strong yet so ill-informed. So eager to jump into a suspicious mission for the well-being of your clan. Quite a noble deed, I suppose, but a deed that will ultimately be your downfall. carelessness and security are two great flaws of the human heart."

Zetsu moved Madara into a cave adorned with seals of many varieties, from concealment to suppression. "Can't have you getting out until I get my answers," He laughed.

Zetsu grabbed a brush from Madara's bag and dipped it into the ink he had previously stashed away. Zetsu lifted the back of Madara's shirt and went to press the bristles onto his skin but halted.

"What's this?" He mused, pressing a figure against Madara's back. There were pale blotches all over his back, a significant contrast to Madara's skin tone. There was also a tiny seal on his shoulder, barely visible.