Chapter 21

Heyyy! Im back (hehe)

I was planning on updating last weekend. However, it was my birthday and Halloween so I opted to wait a bit longer.

(Tried to compensate with a bit longer of a chapter!)

I did write this at like... 4 am... so if anything isn't clear or makes sense, please comment so I can fix it!

I hope you enjoy it! and also, I was thinking of doing a small questionnaire at the end of my next chapter, so if you have any questions for me, feel free to comment on that as well!'

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

~Tobirama POV~

Tobirama passed the gates of the Uchiha compound, a bag slung over his shoulder, containing various seals of his making storing his weapons. He slung his head around, eyes meeting with Izuna, who stood stiffly. Tobirama dipped his head subtly, receiving a similar gesture back. He flipped his gaze back, black hair entering his vision.

Tobirama didn't bring much, as the mission should not be too long. From the additional scroll he received, a messenger bird should meet him halfway to drop the contents he was supposed to deliver.

He was, however, slightly worried as the weather began to shift towards that of winter. From his memories, he could recall this time to be incredibly taxing for both the Senju and Uchiha.

With quick feet, he propelled forward, specks of dirt flying back as his heels pressed into the earth. The silence surrounding him was serene. Tobirama wished as if this moment would stay. But, unfortunately, times like this were brief with his hectic life, stress, and anxiety constantly gnawing at his brain.

Tobirama, at times, wished to hide from his responsibilities and slip into a state where he was there, but not at the same time. Euphoria, perhaps.

Shaking his head out of its melodramatic train of thought, Tobirama looked around him. Large trees surrounded his vision, the sun hanging in the sky- about midday.

"Wasn't it just dawn?" Tobirama questioned, head lolling slightly to the side. Sweat clung to his pale skin, black hair sticking to his forehead.

Tobirama raised his hand to brush the bangs away. He brushed his fingers along the strand of hair he picked up, feeling disconnected. Throwing his arms down to his side in a casual manner, he continued walking. With each step, he felt like he was losing touch.

Tobirama stood there for a moment, relishing in the environment as he began to regain his sense of self. Amidst his reconnection, a carrier bird dove down between the branches, a scroll neatly fastened to its ankle.

The bird perched on his outstretched hand, wings fluffing to the side. Tobirama slipped the scroll out of its holster, prompting the fledgling to take off once more.

The paper was small and thin and could easily be torn by the smallest of careless movement. Making sure not to open the message, he slipped the note into his bag and continued on his way.

The air became chilly as night approached, and Tobirama did his best to stay in the shadow. It had been years since he had been in the Land of water. In this period, the Land of water could easily be considered the most dangerous of the four nations with many rouge shinobi and criminal discourse. However, Tobirama himself made sure to follow conduct, and with Madara's skills at his disposal, it should go pretty quickly and easily.