Chapter 14

I'm back with another update because my writer's block had been cured after going on a long bike ride earlier. (I don't know why myself lol) But here we are. I just decided to spit out another update on a whim since I had a free day today (Which is, unfortunately, becoming more uncommon in my schedule) So I hope you enjoy it!

 (Also I didn't edit too much so just comment on any typos or anything that doesn't make any sense.)

~Madara POV~

The past few days had been quiet. Peaceful even. Madara had taken to staying in his lab, avoiding the confrontations of Hashirama and Touka as the shame and guilt from the previous event tour inside.

Madara brushed his hand through his white hair. The white locks had begun to grow out longer, touching the base of his neck because he had little motivation to cut it.

Rustling through the array of seals scattered across the floor, Madara sat down, crossing his legs as he picked up a brush doused in the black ink. Laying the bristles on the paper, Madara used Tobirama's knowledge of seals to copy down intricate designs on the paper. Madara decided to perfect his chakra masking seal and chakra copying seal using his free time of avoiding everyone, which had surprisingly been awfully productive, which was mildly concerning.

Madara knew that it was vital to get in contact with Tobirama once more. Despite having many resources to himself, he would not be able to solve this inquiry of time travel and body swapping by himself. He needed inside knowledge and understanding of Tobirama's experience as well as intel about his home clan.

Huffing out a breath of annoyance, Madara leaned forward, squinting his eyes as he examined the intricacies of his design. Madara glowered, noticing a minor flaw as he knit his eyebrows together, reaching for another paper.

Just as his hand touched the sealing paper, the door to his lab was forcefully opened, swinging as it thunked against the wall. Madara flinched slightly, startled at the sudden noise, for he had not noticed the chakra signature that was lingering outside.

"Tobira, are you in here?" Hashirama called in, head scanning the disheveled office.

"Anija," Madara called out in acknowledgment.

"I've been knocking for a solid ten minutes, Tobira," Hashirama said warily.

"Many apologies; I have been immersed in my work the past few days," Madara responded, shuffling the papers on the floor into a less chaotic stack.

"Is that the truth, or have you been avoiding..." Hashirama trailed off, noticing the fault in his words.

"No, that is not it," Madara fired back sharply before standing up abruptly to meet the taller man.

"So, you've been working on seals, yes?" Hashirama quickly changed the subject, motioning over to the disarray of seals and ink adorning the once pristine floors

"Organized chaos..." Madara mumbled under his breath.

"Right," Hashirama smirked. "Well, I have word from Uzushio regarding a political marriage to solidify our bonds."

So soon? If my memory serves me right, Hashirama and Mito married around twenty or so, leaving about two years in wait.

Madara nodded his head, motioning the other man out the door as they began to walk through the compound. "If it is fine by you, I would like to see the documents to analyze the arrangement to organize a meeting whenever the time is best properly," Madara pursed his lips, tapping his finger against the palm of his hand.