It's Okay, You Can Let Me Down One Last Time

Marinette waits for him at their cafe, the one they went to on their first date. It was special to them, it's special to her. She sits as the wind gives cold kisses, and plays with her hair. Her eyes looking for him, Damian Wayne.

They'd been dating for almost a year, and yet he still can't get to a single date on time. He was always amazing, when he was with her, but that was if he ever bothered to show up. In all honesty, Marinette doesn't know why she held out this long.

Maybe it was his gentle kisses in the rain, or sweet nothings whispered in the morning when he'd stay the night. His fiery temper jumping to her defense, his cold eyes daring anyone to hurt her. Perhaps it was his kindness for the defenseless, something she always she's to fall for. Kindness, generosity, loyalty, he has them all, traits she once saw in a certain blonde.

Marinette sighs as she waits another 15 minutes, she'd been here an hour already. Life seems to taunt her as happy couples walk by, some families too. A strange sight here in Gotham, but you always seem to see other's happiness when you are crying inside.

She leaves and makes her way to her apartment building and heads inside. Once fully alone in her room she breaks down, she should be used to it. Marinette has always been let down by the people she loves, but Damian was different. Marinette didn't just love him, she was hoping he'd be her home.

It's okay though, Marinette can move on with life, she can end it and say goodbye. Her mind is made up, this is what she wants, to end it. Marinette wants to move on, to find love in someone who won't let her down. She wants to search for the person she will go home to every night, not a man who will sneak out every night. Someone who won't disappoint her every chance she gets.

A knock is heard at the door, it Damian, Marinette knows it's him, he uses the same knock every time. She dries her tears and opens the door. Stepping aside she lets him in, and seeing his face, she knows that she can't break up with him. Marinette loves him too much or she's too broken to leave.

"I'm sorry"

"I have a reason"

"There was an emergency"

"It won't happen again"

They stare at each other, their eyes going through a silent conversation, finally, it happens.

"Why?" Marinette asks, tears threatening to fall.

"I can explain," he says, eyes pleading with her, a silent begging to be forgiven.

Marinette nods her head, signaling Damian to explain, give her a reason. She knows she's probably heard it before, that it's probably a lie or only half a truth. Marinette knows with Damian she won't ever get the full truth. At the end of the day, though she can't seem to care, she'll listen to it every time he says it.

Damian looks into her eyes, they look so broken, so sad. He knows he should break up with her. Marinette would be so much happier away from him, but when he sees her, even with tears glossing her eyes, he can't. She is the most beautiful person he has ever met, both inside and out. Damian is a selfish bastard, and he knows it, cause he just can't let her go.

"This is the last time I'll let you down, I'm finally going to give you the full truth, no bullshit, no lies, just us, okay?"

Marinette smiles, this is it, the moment she has waited for!

"I'm Robin," he said it with so much sincerity Marinette almost believed it. She smiles at him and gives him a hug, burying her face into her chest. 'It's okay, you can let me down one more time' tears finally falling.

Damian relaxes into the hug, 'Finally no more secrets in between us'.