Her tears aren't worth any time (daminette)

Marinette watches as the days go by, a rainstorm in her heart, and a sea in her eyes. People leave she knows this, she always has. When her Grandfather and Nona died, when her mom left and never came back. Leaving her and her father with a bakery to run and sadness in the house that was once a home.

Now at graduation, she stands tall and proud, a perfect smile displayed for the world to see. Yet behind it is a girl screaming and crying to be seen. Life made her play her part to a perfect T and now she is so trapped she can't break free.

Marinette started a game of tag and she is both the chaser and the runner in a circle she goes running counterclockwise, cause the future sucks. Wanting to turn back time Marinette runs after and after herself till the hands give up and she's left in a present that only stays still.

Her hands shake as she leaves the school one last time. Leaving behind all that she has known for a chance at happiness that sounds so unknown. But Marinette yearns for someone to hold close, and tell her it's okay to be upset yet no one does that. Her tears aren't worth their time and effort, she's just being dramatic.

There is nothing wrong with Marinette Dupain-Cheng she's cheerful and clumsy, maybe a little dim but she's so happy where she is. If she was so happy why did she leave, why move to the United States, she wanted the American dream.

There is no dream, she's on a path set out to her by a master who long passed. Cure the world first, you can come after, after all the world needs you more than you need a healthy mind. So Marinette travels so alone yet she doesn't know, curing Gotham as she goes. Her mind is so broken and bruised it strangely feels whole, maybe she is just used to it.

She met someone, he stands tall and proud, shoulders back his eyes could command an army. He's a Wayne, Marinette knows this she's worked with Bruce before, this one is her age, Damian Wayne, the youngest of them.

Damian watches her, Ms. Dupain-Cheng, she is a strange one. Her heart is worn on her sleeve yet no one seems to notice how much it shivers and whimpers for love, friends, family. Her smile is so perfectly molded to perfection, yet if you looked closer you'd see it's not.

It is forced and sad, with a hurricane in her heart. Damian approaches her and finally understands. She is just like me, made for perfect, nothing else is seen, a mask handcrafted out of silver and gold, with jewels that sparkle and shine.

A broken and bruised heart stares into Damian's eyes and suddenly her tears are worth someones' time.