Epic a Miraculous Story

Hundreds of years ago....

Have you forgotten the lessons I taught you?
Athena!

"Hello Ra's, I had such high hopes for you."
"Marinette!" The man yelled.

Have you forgotten to turn off your heart, this is not you
I see you changing from how I've designed you

"I create warriors, people to bring peace to this world yet you continue to fail me"

The man gapes at the goddess, her glowing blue eyes staring into his soul.
"I'm sorry! I can do better!"

Have you forgotten your purpose? Let me remind you:
Goddess of wisdom, master of war

"Please you foolish mortal, do you truly believe a league of assassins is something I wish to be worshiping my name."

My life has one mission, create the greatest warrior
I had a challenge, a test of skill

"I am the Goddess of the Miracles, a token of balance, assassins are cowards in the shadows who will not be worshiping me.'

"So you will turn your back on me! After I passed your test!"

A magic boar only the best could kill
One day a boy came for the thrill

The goddess smiled cruelly, "Do you truly believe that passing a test every mortal can take will grant you the right to be my student."

Ra's stared at the goddess in disbelief, "no" he whispered. "I earned the right to be your student! So you could teach me!"

A boy whose mind rivaled the boar's own will
Let's go!

"I may have agreed to teach you but you failed to learn." Marinette says eyes harsh as she stared into Ra's' eyes.  "It's sad really, I truly thought you could have been one of the greats."

Maybe one day he'll follow me and wе'll make a greater tomorrow, thеn they'll see
I know he'll change the world cause he is a warrior of the mind

"You see, each one of my students is a warrior or inventor. They represent the greatness of mankind, yet you seem to represent everything wrong with it. I do not teach trash in hopes it'll become gold, I teach coal and turn it into diamonds."

Fury flashes onto Ra's face, "How dare you he screams!" lunging at her sword in hand.
He does not get far as he is knocked back by wind, forcing him to kneel.

Maybe one day I'll reach him
And we can build his skills as I teach him

"I see the only ability you actually bothered to learn is the sword. How sad, that one was the least important." She comments of handedly "How is it that the rest of my teachings went in one ear and out the other?" She asks, staring at him with a puzzled expression.

If there's a problem, he'll have the answer
He is a warrior of the mind

"Well, since you have been my student, as failed as you are, I still will grant you one request. So what shall it be?"

"Eternal life." Ra's answers without hesitation grinning.

"I can't help but think that my wish was what you were after from the very start. Well I made the offer so I shall follow through, but just know that a long life does not mean a long lasting mind."

~Present Time~

Show yourself
I know you're watching me, show yourself

"Show yourself!" A boy shouts. He has spikey hair and eyes covered with a mask. "I can feel your eyes on me!"

I can see you
How can you see through my spell?

"You might as well come out on your own. I can see you." He threatens

"Impressive," I say "How could you see through my spell?"

Haha! I was lying and you fell for my bluff
Hahahaha

"Magic users like you always use undermining tricks, it was easy to see through it, however you are not what I was expecting." He is surprisingly calm. I could see the hatred for magic in his eyes.

Well done, you lied to me, what's your name?
You first, and maybe I'll do the same

I laugh, "You humans have surely gotten interesting over the years."

The boy gives a face of disbelief, "are you not human?" He asks skeptically.

I smile "Do I look human?" The boy just glares in response.

"What is your name child?"

"Tt, no way I'll think about it after you tell me your name.

Nice try, but two can play this game
Nah, don't be modest

"And why would I ever tell a mortal my name."

I know you're a goddess
So let's be honest

"You are a goddess, my grandfather told me of a time he worshiped you. He said you turned your back on him" The child glared at me.

You are Athena Athena
Badass in the arena

"Ah Rha's yes I remember that old fool. My worst pupil." I look at the boy, "You look nothing like him, I'm assuming you got your parent's genes, yes?"

The boy hesitates before nodding. "I look like my father in all but skin and eyes, or so I've heard."

"Good he was ugly, even for a mortal."

Unmatched, witty, and queen of the best strategies we've seen
If you're looking for a mentor, I'll make sure your times well spent

The boy snorts, the closest to a laugh she'll probably ever get him.

"Would you like to be my pupil, you have a strong mind and are much more reasonable then your senseless grandfather." The kid looks startled, not expecting the offer.

"Why would you make me that offer? It's been hundreds of years since you last took on a pupil. Plus the last one was my grandfather and we all know how he turned out.

"I am not hearing a no?" The boy smirks, pretending to think for a moment. "What's in it for me?" He asks.

"A wish from one of the most powerful beings in the cosmos, and a chance to surpass your grandfather in a way he failed."

"Sounds like a plan" He says, holding out his hand.

"Goddess and man" I reply, grabbing his hand in agreement

"Bestest of friends?" He jokes

"We'll see where it ends. Okay?" I reply laughing.

Maybe one day they'll follow me and we'll
Make a greater tomorrow, then they'll see

"One day the world will follow you and you will go down as one of the greats."

I know we'll change the world cause we are the warriors of the mind

"I know with your help, Great Goddess, I can change the world for the better." He says smirking thinking of his future.

Maybe one day we'll reach them
And we can build their skills as we teach them

I look forward to you passing on my teachings young one. You shall be the future of a changing world."

If there's a problem, we'll have the answer
We are the warriors of the mind

"If I ever have a problem will you be there?"

"Yes, you are my student. However you will always find the way on your own. I shall just guide you. I still intend to make sure you don't fall behind Don't forget that you're a warrior of a very special kind"

You are a warrior of the mind

"However, remember what happened to your grandfather. Don't disappoint me" I say as a final reminder. He nods in understanding.