Are we sure peace follows after war

Summary:

Long ago sorcerers and soldiers worked side by side to maintain the land they shared. The sorcerers were skilled in magic, they used their hands to make the soil fertile for plants, and the water clear for drinking. Their spells brought the rain and cleared the sick of illness. The soldiers were hunters, bringing home meat, and fish to share. Their skillful minds and bodies made houses and scared off enemies. There was peace for as long as anyone could remember. However there was a rule, one that broken could mean death, no love could become between the two people. Soldiers with soldiers and sorcerers with sorcerers, it was the way the people knew. 200 years ago a Sorcerer named Tikki fell madly in love with a Soldier named Plagg, and he with her. Their love brought war to their village, and soon both sides turned their backs on each other creating two new tribes, The Tribe of the Gifted, those skilled with magic, and the Tribe of the Brutes, those skilled with their weapons. Now we meet Marinette and Roy, from two different worlds, yet here they are. 

200 years later...

In a small cabin just off to the side of the village a girl with bright eyes awakens from slumber. She eyes the room before getting ready. She is small compared to her other villagers standing at 5'5 and weighing only 140lbs. She gets dressed in the traditional hunters wear of furs and animal teeth jewels. Tying her long black hair in a braid with pieces framing her face, and securing a hunting knife to her side, she makes her way out and into the world.

"mornin' Pixie," A voice calls, Marinette turns, the man is tall standing at 6'0 and weighs 225lbs of pure muscle. "Hay jay" She calls back before trying to continue on her way, "Wait before you do whatever you are gonna do, Bruce needs you to go over battle strategies with the warriors, they'll be at the training grounds." She stops in her tracks before huffing "Fine, Tell chief that I'll get it done," and without waiting for a response she heads on her way.

The walk to the grounds is peaceful, you think it wouldn't be considering we were in a war, but it has always been like this. Most of the fighting happens in open territory, because of this a lot of the nearby land has been destroyed. The soldiers cutting down trees to make weapons, and the sorcerers using their magic to destroy the land to stop our production. As Marinette continues her walk she watches as the others mingle, she never felt like she belonged. Mari has always been small, while she is mostly muscle she isn't bulky like the others being only slightly toned, her mind however is the sharpest the tribe has seen since Trixx the sly, a soldier who made her name in the great war by creating a way to bypass the magic used to protect their land and homes.

Once Marinette meets the training grounds she is met with the sight of weapons flying loud crashes of metal banging against each other. She turns and sees General Grayson, or as she knows him as Dick, observing the others. "Dick, Chief said you needed to see me." He turns to her, "Yeah I have some battle strategies I need you to look over. And you know he says to call him Bruce" She rolls her eyes but nods and they both head over to a small hut and get to talking.

Once the meeting is done Marinette takes a bow and some arrows from the grounds before finally making her way to the woods untouched by either soldier or mage. A small clearing comes into view filled with berries and flowers growing around it. Marinette never understood why this land was ignored but she loved that it was. It was a quiet area just for her, when she was here no one could find her, a little paradise that she made her own.

She sits leaning against a nearby tree and pulls a book out of her satchel. Inside it's drawings, mostly of armor and weapons. Despite her insane strategic mind her true passion is weaponry. The striking of a hammer on metal and the sparks that come with sharpening a sword on a stone makes her eyes light up with stars.