V

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 05] ¡! ❞🥃

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY KEYS?" Lia murmurs to herself as she searches through the living room for her keys so she could go out and run some errands for the day. Once again, she completely disregarded Angelo.

He was getting tired of it.

Lia held her head, trying to settle her throbbing headache. Her hangover was monstrous and reminded her why she did splurge on drinking. She already popped a few Ibuprofen and now she has to wait for it to kick in. For now, it's sunglasses and not looking at anything too bright.

Angelo stands in the living room, staring at something with a blank expression, completely wiped of anything. "I got them." His voice was low.

Lia came over with her hand extended out to him. "Give'em. I gotta go." She sighed.

He gave her the keys. "There was a phone number attached to it." He murmured, holding up a yellow post-it note with a phone number scribbled onto it with a pen on its last dying breaths.

Lia remembered her sweet stranger, saving her in that alley, taking her home, and something about him bringing her car back to her house. He must have taken that chance to leave his number for her.

Kia's expression turns tense. "Give that to me." She reaches out, ready to take it from him but Angelo pulls it out of reach. He looked betrayed, in disbelief. "Are you cheating on me?"

Oh, that was fucking rich coming from him.

Lia scoffed at him, rolling her eyes as her hands came to her hips. "Oh fuck off, Angelo. You have no right to accuse me of cheating." She didn't have time for this and frankly, she couldn't give less of a fuck right now.

"Lia, for god sake I'm sorry. I broke it off with her. I'm at home on time. I'm trying to fix my mistake here."

This nigga-

"A mistake?" Lia questions his word choice. She can't believe he called it a "mistake". Either he was stupid or he thought she was because both of them knew it wasn't a mistake. "No, what you made was a decision. You decided to cheat. A mistake only happens once. You decided to stick your dick in someone other than your wife. Maybe the first time was a mistake, but the second and third and however many times you slept with that bitch was a repeated decision, don't get that shit twisted."

Lia left him dumbfounded, staring at her like she just slapped him with a fish. She took the sticky note from him and proceeded to make her way out the front door without another word.

Her car was parked in the driveway, nice a pristine, not a scratch on it. Guess he didn't run it into a lamp like she asked. Lia was thankful that he was kind enough to make sure she got home safe and to go out of his way to bring her car back as well.