XVI

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 16] ¡! ❞🥃

HOSEOK WOKE UP EARLY. Maybe 6 am or so. He only slept for around 5 or 6 hours at a time so it was only expected.

The sun had just barely risen into the sky. The room was cast in a golden light, illuminating the body sleeping beside him.

Hoseok rubbed his eyes and let out a low yawn before finally noticing the body fast asleep against him. Lia has her head against his chest, breathing softly, peacefully.

He could feel her hair tickling his cheek and nose. Her hair smelled nice, like vanilla and lavender. Everything about her felt like peace, solace. From her smile to her laugh. Her witty remarks and sassy comebacks keep him on his toes.

Lia had the exterior of the sweetest saint but she wasn't one to be underestimated or taken lightly.

Hoseok carefully slid away from her sleeping form and sat up in bed. He looks around, trying to get a hold of himself and set himself straight before he got up.

There was something so beautiful about waking up early in the morning, experiencing the golden morning light. Hoseok admired it more than he realized, how beautiful it was and how everyone managed to look good in it.

Once again, he looked back down at Lia. It seemed almost impossible but she managed to look even more beautiful. Her hair we were shades of chocolate brown, gold, and golden brow. The shades and angles of her face make her look like a goddess sleeping in his bed.

Hoseok was sure he's never met a woman as beautiful as Lia. He couldn't think of possibly one woman he could just stare at forever to and never get tired.

What was he saying? What was he thinking? He let her stay the night, sleep in his bed, slept in his bed with her. Hoseok was bringing her in, allowing her to get closer and sink her claws deeper, making it near impossible for him to separate.

Maybe they could be friends, but absolutely nothing more than that. Hoseok even kept his closest and longest friends at a distance. Yoongi, who he's been friends with for over a decade, doesn't even know Hoseok's deepest, darkest secrets, the things he's had to do to survive, things he's seen, things that completely tear him down to nothing.

Hoseok needed to be the only person to know how to destroy himself. He had grown up learning that no one cares about you. The only person who will put you first over everything else is yourself. Don't trust anyone but yourself.

Hoseok liked Lia, he adored her actually, but he could never allow her to get too close to him. He would always protect himself first and he would do it without shame.

Call him selfish, Hoseok didn't care. Did he need therapy? Maybe. Was he gonna get it? Probably not.

He got out of bed, stretching and groaning as he shuffled his way out of his room, ready to begin his day with a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, name brand this time.