XXXVI

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 36] ¡! ❞🥃

HOSEOK'S BEEN SITTING IN THIS INTERROGATION ROOM FOR TWO HOURS NOW, staring at himself in the two-way mirror in front of him. He couldn't be sure if anyone was behind it seeing as he couldn't get up to check as he was handcuffed to the table. Apparently, he was a "danger to everyone around him", who would've thought?

The countless times he's been in this same spot was almost impossible to keep track of, but lucky for Hoseok, he has indeed kept track. 394 times throughout his entire life. 395 if you count this time.

It was the same.

Almost.

He had Lia to worry about. He was so worried about her, his mind swam with thoughts on how she couldn't possibly be okay. He was waiting to get his one phone call so he could call her and make sure she was okay.

"So are y'all gonna come and interrogate me or can I just get the hell out of here. I gotta girl at home waiting for me!" Hoseok yelled. He knew they could hear him, whoever was watching him.

After a few silent seconds, the door opened, and in came an average-height man with dark, brown hair. He wasn't the detective Hoseok was used to, a 6'3", burly, bald man who liked to spit when he spoke. Detective Hizer.

This man was new.

The man closed the door and sighed. "Mr. Jung. Nice to finally meet you. You're an urban myth around here." He walked over to the handcuffed man and placed down the file in his hand on the table. "I'm Detective Jimin Park."

Hoseok chuckled, well he certainly didn't expect this. He wasn't sure if this Jimin guy was trying to butter him up or something. "Well, that's nice to know. I like to think I leave a lasting impression on those I meet...You know, when someone gets arrested, you're supposed to tell them what they're getting arrested for."

Jimin smiled. He had a nice smile, one that someone would find comfort in, Hoseok didn't trust it even for a second. He sat down across from Hoseok. "You have an extensive record, Mr. Jung, or at least, things you've been brought in for. Assault, possession of drugs, murder."

"Still doesn't tell me what I'm here for."

Jimin's smile gets almost scarily wider. "Ah, well- it's looking like assault and battery. You know an Angelo Cain?" He looks like a shark right now. At least he sounds like a fairy and wasn't actively spitting in Hoseok's face like a spray bottle.

Hoseok looked away, pretending to think. He smacked his lips and sighed. "Doesn't ring a bell, no."

"Okay, how about Ophelia Cain? His wife. Or as you called her, your "girl"." The brunette suggested.

"Ah, yeah. Now I remember him." Hoseok nodded with a smile. "Like his wife too, she's very pretty." If Jimin wanted to play the innocent conversation game, then he could play too.