XXXV

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 35] ¡! ❞🥃

LIA LIVED WITH HOSEOK IN BLISS FOR THREE OR SO WEKKS. When they weren't having sex, they were doing something together, seeing who could hold their liquor better (Hoseok was the obvious winner), going out in the city at night to fuck some shit up or do something interesting, or cuddling. That last one was a favorite.

Angelo hadn't been completely plagued from her mind though. Lia had been thinking about getting those divorce papers together but she hadn't talked to not even Hoseok about it.

Divorce was stressful, it was difficult, but it was necessary. Lia wasn't happy with Angelo anymore and she couldn't stay with him, not after what he did.

She didn't want to think about it. She was happy now and didn't want to drag up old memories.

Hoseok didn't have any work after 5 so he reasoned that they take a quick walk around the park before heading back home. He had no vendettas against himself as far as he knew, no enemies who were actively out to ruin his life. Hoseok was careful not to step on any toes of those he knew could crush him between their fingers.

Lia trusted Hoseok to protect her, plus, it wasn't really that dark outside. It was about an hour and a half before it got really dark so more than enough time for them to walk down and then back.

"I think we should do this more often," Hoseok says as they walk down the broken, uneven sidewalks with tuff's of grass and weeds poking out in between. He looks out at the array of colors that paints the sky. Just as much as he admired sunrise, he admired the sunset.

And he'd like to admire it with Lia.

"I know it isn't exciting or risky or whatever, but it's nice isn't it?" He looks down at her, his eyes squinting as he smiles. Lia will never get tired of his heart-shaped smile or the way he holds her hand while they walk down the sidewalk. Even if it's just a walk.

Lia at golden hour is a goddess. Her skin glows in the golden light like it's made of pure, raw honey and her eyes are crisp, brown rays or hazelnuts and gingerbread and brownies. A cup of hot chocolate on a freezing day.

Hoseok never realized how cold he was until he had that warmth of her. He's been what he felt like was alone for so long, but he doesn't have to be alone anymore. He doesn't want to be alone anymore.

Lia smiled tenderly. "No, no- I like this. We can definitely do this more often."

Hoseok lifted her hand and kissed the back of it in thanks. This was a more peaceful time. Too late for the kids to be out and too early for the true crime to start. It was quiet.

He thought about how much of his childhood he spent out here. In the back alleys where he sold, all the times he got taken in by the police. He should hate it here. All these painful memories. This place certainly didn't do him any favors, no one cared about him. But he reasoned that he could care about someone else, right. That's why he watched out for Messiah. He was in a small house with 6 other siblings in a single mom having to work her ass off to support them.