XLV

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 45] ¡! ❞🥃

WEEKS TURN TO MONTHS RATHER FAST. Lia's 3 weeks pregnant, then six weeks, then 12, on and on, and slowly, almost subtly, her stomach began to grow.

Lia gave Hoseok pictures from her ultrasounds, sometimes in person, sometimes through the mail. Hoseok would sit in his cell and stare at them with misty eyes and smiles. He'd hang them on his walls so he could look at them.

Lia made an effort to visit him at least once a month, twice if they're both lucky. So he could see how she was progressing in person. Hoseok would love sitting there for that hour, hearing about how she was doing, how their baby was doing.

She could tell it broke his heart a little each time. All the ultrasounds he missed, all the morning sickness, all the bad and good days. But he demanded to hear it, all of it. He wanted to be there, at least in his head.

"I am finally, officially divorced from Angelo." Lia squealed happily kissing Hoseok in greeting. They had to be a little more careful now, there was a soft swell of her stomach. Hoseok wanted to be careful.

He smiled, lightly biting her bottom lip. "Congrats baby. You gonna celebrate?" He let her go and sat down with her. This was their routine. Sitting down and talking about everything she had done since she had last seen him or since they had last spoken.

Lia never really felt like celebrating anything. It's not like she could drink, so it was sitting on the couch, drinking apple juice to her heart's content. She missed Hoseok back at him. Nothing smelled like him anymore, it was fading away. She would spray her pillows with most of his cologne to help, but it wasn't the same.

She shook her head. "Nope, just wanna sit at home. I don't want to celebrate without you there. It'll just be me and Renée." She gave a gentle pat to her stomach. Their little girl.

Hoseok never liked that she put her life on pause for him, not celebrating the good times when they came around. He still wanted her to live her life, to be happy. He doesn't want to be the reason she can't be her happiest.

"But the best part is that I'm getting alimony. Half of all his income for the next 3 years. That's like 450 a week." She grinned cheekily, with victory. She was finally screwing him over like he's been for the past nearly 6 years. On top of that, she had gotten 500,000 in reparations after proving his domestic abuse against her. Lia was rolling in it. Enough money to pay bills, get food, and take care of herself. She had even bought herself a car. A Chevy Traverse. It certainly wasn't a BMW, but it was something.

She was looking for a job that had something to do with her degree in Art History. She always wanted to be an art dealer, but Angelo had ruined that for her.

Maybe she could still work at a gallery, hopefully so.

Hoseok shook her hand. "That's my girl. Take all that fucker's money." He looked at her with pride.