IX

↳ ❝🫐 [chapters 09] ¡! ❞🥃

WHO KNEW HOSEOK LIKED BASKIN ROBINS?

That's where he chose for them to meet up, a Baskin Robbins somewhere near City Hall. It was a rainy day today, grey and gloomy. When you looked up at the tall buildings, they would fade into a thick cloud of fog that completely hid away the sun.

Lia made her way down the wet sidewalk, holding an umbrella in her arms. Her shoes tap against saturated concrete, creating wet splats when she stepped in shallow puddles. The sounds of cars, splashing through the flooded streets, beeping, and honking at each other are comforting. The sounds of the city were something Lia always liked.

She finally found the Baskin Robbins Hoseok was talking about and through the window, she could see the man sitting on his phone waiting at a table for her.

She smiles softly and steps under the overhead cover to put down her umbrella before walking inside the nearly empty shop. The bell above the door alerts him to her presence and his eyes drag over to the door.

And then he smiles, bright like burning embers that make Lia feel warm. She made her way over and put down her umbrella before taking a seat across from him.

"Hey, lil' mama." His voice was gentle and tender, flirtatious even. "How you doin'?"

Lia shrugged with a heavy sigh. "As well as I can be doing. Thank you for making time for me, Hoseok. I know that you're busy." She really did appreciate it.

Hoseok pulled his lips thin, dimples popping out in the corners of his lips and his eyes turned to crescent moons. "I'll always find time for you. How could a possibility miss out of all of this?" He motioned up and down the length of her body?

He looked over to the counter. "Let's get ice cream, yeah?" He stood up and offered out one of his elegant hands, decorated with rings, scars, and tattoos. Lia liked his hands. They were large and though scarred and calloused, were gentle and caressing.

When Lia took his hand, it wasn't rough or uncomfortable. Hoseok touched her like she was glass. Like she was delicate and fragile when she was anything but. Hoseok could respect that she was tough, but even the tough had weaknesses.

He helped her up and then released her hand. Brief touches when they weren't being intimate was the rule. Lia had to set that boundary because she couldn't start expecting handholding and kisses for him. This was a mutually beneficial thing and that was it.

Hoseok leaned over, looking at all the flavor options. "You know, when I was a kid, I use to think that whenever they came out with a new flavor, they'd have to get rid of an old one so that it would always be exactly 31 in each store." He tells her as a fond memory from when he was a kid.