VIII

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 08] ¡! ❞🥃

SEX IS SUCH AN INTERESTING CONCEPT. It's different from reproducing. The goal at the end isn't to create life, it's to find the height of pleasure for a time. One that makes your toes curl and your eyes roll back while your body is in a state of uncontrolled euphoria.

Sex turns into lovemaking when you start to gain feelings for a person, but the greatest thing is, that's not always the case. You can fuck someone one night and have no emotional attachment to them whatsoever. They're just pounds of meat there for your pleasure. It was almost dehumanizing.

Sex was meaninglessness. That's what it was to Hoseok and Lia. Meaningless moments of temporary pleasure to fulfill their sexual desires. Other than that, they'd mind their own business and focus on their own lives.

No more than twice a week, they agreed. It gave them time to their own lives and to satisfy their need for each other. This arrangement has been working for nearly 3 weeks.

Lia wakes up a little earlier than usual on Saturday morning. The shoved open curtains allow the sun to shine directly in her face and irritate her awake. She grumbled under her breath and rolled over in her empty bed. She still hadn't allowed Angelo to come back and sleep with her in the bed.

She considers going back to sleep, but figures that she's already awake so she might as well get up as dreaded as that would be.

Lia rolled out of bed, getting up into a sitting position. She reached out for her phone and took it off its charger to check for any texts from Hoseok.

None, just the one from the other day of him flirting with some dirty words. Hoseok had no filter on those pretty lips of his. Whatever came to mind, he said it without a care about how the person next to him would react.

For example, here's a story he told her.

"I was in an argument with a friend in high school and I told him to eat his dad's ass hair. He told me that his dad died a few months back and I started laughing... Don't look at me like that- what was I supposed to do? I laugh to cope."

Ruthless.

With that out of the way, Lia pulled off her bonnet and stood up on her two feet, stretching her arms into the air with a loud groan. Her only thought was to go down and make herself breakfast, completely ignoring Angelo as he didn't have work on the weekends.

As the woman made her way downstairs, her nose caught a whiff of a distantly familiar smell. Warm and crisp with an obvious smell of blueberries filling the air. She was caught off guard by it, suspicious of it. What was Angelo planning?

Lia walked through the living room and stood at the open entrance to the kitchen where Angelo stands in front of the stove. He's wearing a black shirt and grey sweatpants.