XIV

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 14] ¡! ❞🥃

"HOW WAS YOUR DAY, MAMA?"

Lia sits on the phone with Hoseok once again. It had become somewhat of a nightly routine between the two of them. It was the best part of their days when they can't see each other, mostly because Hoseok was busy.

Hoseok would ask her how her day was even though they both knew that she mostly stayed home and did chores. Even then, it meant a lot to Lia to just be asked how her days was.

"It was boring. I stayed home all day as always." She sighs, sipping on her glass of wine. She sits alone in the living room with only the kitchen light illuminating in the darkness.

Angelo's dead asleep upstairs so Lia doesn't worry about him hearing.

"Well-" Hoseok sighed. "We can go out tonight. I'm not tired and I don't want you to be bored. Let's get something to eat." He offered. It was kind of disheartening to hear about her just staying at home all day. He wished to bring her places with him, but he couldn't watch her all the time and didn't want to put her in danger.

So, the next best bet is to take her out at night when he has nothing more to do and her husband was asleep.

Lia felt a little excited, eager to go and do something finally and with a guy that she liked. Hoseok, outside of sex, was fun to be with. He had lived a lot of life and had amazing stories to tell. There was never a dull moment talking to Hoseok.

"Really? You'd do that?"

"Yeah, of course, mama." He made it seem like an obvious thing, but the truth is they weren't really sure if they were friends, just two people who occasionally had sex, or something else. Their boundaries were wonky. "Go get dressed. I'll be there in...half an hour at most, okay?"

A smile stretched across Lia's lips. It was wide and giddy. She hadn't been out at night in so long. She missed going out at night, walking around the city under all the lights. It was even better with someone there with her. "Yeah- okay. I'll be ready then."

"Ight, see you soon then mama. I'll text you when I'm outside." With that, Hoseok hung up the phone, starting the half-hour timer for Lia to go and get dressed. Technically she could just go out in her pajamas but she'd rather not.

So Lia went upstairs, carefully creeping her way into her room so she can grab some clothes and change in the bathroom. Angelo's still asleep but there's a chance that he could wake up.

She grabbed a pair of jeans, a random shirt, and a pair of shoes from her closet before walking out of the room to get dressed.

Lia didn't really look at what she had grabbed, but it turned out not to be that bad. Skinny, blue jeans, a pretty, emerald green, velvet crop top with thin spaghetti straps and a heart-shaped neckline. She fixed up her hair and put on a little bit of makeup.