XV

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 15] ¡! ❞🥃

HOSEOK AND LIA WALKED AROUND ALL PARTS OF THE CITY, going into shops and stores to just look at things and act like childish teenagers.

They race down the sidewalk, holding on to each other by mere fingers. They laugh and smile, enjoying their night together until it spilled over into the early morning.

It was the neon lights that illuminated her face when she smiled at him that first made Hoseok's heart beat a little faster than usual. It was her laugh when they got more ice cream and he was telling her stories of his life.

Hoseok was growing more and more fond of her. With each word she spoke. With each smile, with each giggle.

He knew he shouldn't be getting so attached to her. Hoseok knew that if he grows too fond, too attached, it could only end in disaster. Yoongi hadn't warned him for no reason.

But Hoseok couldn't bring himself to care in the moment.

After a while, it had started raining, not sprinkling but not so hard that you couldn't see in front of yourself. It had started suddenly while they were walking and Lia couldn't get under a store awning faster. She didn't want her hair ruined.

Hoseok laughed softly. "We could just wait this out or try to make it back to the car." He looked out at the world, growing wet with rain. The concrete had already absorbed as much as it could and puddles were beginning to form on the surface.

Lia was ready to opt for the wait-it-out option for the sake of her hair, but she didn't know how long it would rain like this.

"Here." Hoseok took off his jacket and put it over Lia's head. It was a jacket made of pretty thick material so it wouldn't soak through. He didn't really care about getting wet himself so she might as well use his jacket for protection.

Lia was hesitant to accept but Hoseok seemed sure that she should take his jacket. She took it and held it over her head to protect her hair while Hoseok walked back out in the rain. "Eh- it ain't that bad." He motioned her to come out into the rain with him.

She did, joining him out in the open with the jacket to cover her.

Together who two jogged back down the 4 blocks to the car, laughing when Hoseok would have her jump over large puddles and catch her before she landed in the water.

The rain was progressively getting harder and soon they were running down to the car, eventually making it there before it got any worse.

Lia managed to get into the car with her hair in pristine shape, though her legs were a little wet. Hoseok didn't manage to get the same luck. He was soaked from head to toe, so wet that water dripped from the tip of his nose and his hair and clothes clung to his skin.