21: ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʀ ᴀɴᴅ ʀ

November 6, 2020

November 6, 2020

I am so warm, cozy, and comfortable that I refuse to get up from my bed. I woke up twenty minutes ago and noticed that someone changed me into a long nightgown. From the fine silk and lace material, I know that Daria picked this out and dressed me.

Only she would sniff out the most expensive and luxurious item that I own that was hidden away.

Wrapping myself tighter in the thick blankets, I allow my mind to drift. The fuzziness of sleep pulling me under again.

"Up."

I crack one eye open and turn over, coming face to face with a curly headed infant.

Mateo is beside my bed, standing a little wobbly, with his arms in the air

Mateo is beside my bed, standing a little wobbly, with his arms in the air. I blink at him, confused on how he found his way into my room.

I guess I took too long because he jumps and whines a bit. "Up!"

I sit up and carefully lift him up on the bed with me. He immediately crawls in my lap and lays his head on my stomach.

I can't help but aww at his cuteness as I snuggle him. But I decide to try and teach him something.

"Mateo, say, 'Up please'." He lifts his head up some and stares at me with his big hazel eyes. I mimick his arms up movement, while repeating "Up please", wanting it to click. The cutie gives no indication that he understood any of what I just said, so I kiss his forehead and snuggle him back to me. "We'll work on it."

"Up... pease."

Shocked, I jump up on the bed and swing the giggling toddler around with me. "Good job, Mateo!" We collapse on the bed and I start tickling him as he squeals and giggles.

When we settle down, I pick him up and take him to the bathroom. Setting Mateo down on the counter, I pull out my toothbrush. I give him a spare brush to play with so he won't get bored. As I brush my teeth, Mateo copies my movements, until he gets tired of it and starts brushing his hair with it. When I'm done, I proceed with my regular morning routine.