5: ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙᴇᴀɴ

I wake up on the couch, feeling nauseous

I wake up on the couch, feeling nauseous. Sitting up slowly, I take in my surroundings. I'm stretched out on the couch with a blanket thrown over me. The food and candy I put out for Liam and I has been cleaned up.

"Liam?"

I wait for him to respond, but nothing comes.

Moving ever so slowly, I go to stand. As soon as I do dizziness hits me, and vomit crawls up my throat.

I run to the kitchen and throw up, just barley making it to the sink.

When I'm done, I get a cup of water and rinse my mouth out. I stand there for another couple of minutes until I'm sure I'm not going to throw up again.

"Liam?" I shout this time, wondering if he's upstairs. I still get no answer, so I go up to the room he was supposed to sleep in.

A white sheet of paper is taped to the guestroom door and I can recognize Liam's chicken scratch handwriting from down the hall.

I snatch it off the door and read it.

Sorry I had to leave like this, El. My flight was early af and I didn't want to wake you up. I've taken the liberty to research a few obgyn's in your area, and I found some pretty good ones. Pick one. Please. I love you and I will be back very soon.
                           - Liam

On the back of the lined paper are three doctor's offices and their phone numbers. Liam put a star by one, which probably means he thinks it's the best.

I don't know what to feel.

On one hand, Liam knows I wouldn't have done this myself and I'm grateful that he did. On the other hand, I'm terrified out of my mind and I don't know if I'm ready to face facts.

If you don't do this, you are depriving your baby of his or hers health and wellbeing. Is that the kind of person you are?

For once, my thoughts actually make sense. Sighing, I walk back downstairs and grab my phone. I dial the number that has the poorly drawn star next to it.

"Dr. Watson's office, this is Kelly, how may I help you today?

I freeze for a minute, words dying in my throat.

"Hello?"

"Y-yes. I'm a new patient and I'd like to make an appointment t-to confirm pregnancy and get an ultrasound please."

"Alrighty, name and date of birth?"

"Ellisandra W- Styles, date of birth is May 3, 1997." I almost slipped and said my maiden name, but something in won't let me change it back to Waters.

She asks me a couple more questions, mainly about insurance, before we get to scheduling.

"Okay, Dr. Watson has an opening next week at 10 am. Is that okay?"