7: ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ

Two Weeks Later

Two Weeks Later

The sound of waves crashing, the smell of the salty ocean, and the feel of the warm sand between my toes relaxes me.

Sitting on the beach with a smoothie in my hand, I stare out at the endless ocean. I feel at peace here.

"Hey you."

I turn at the sound of his voice, a smile on my face as he walks towards me carrying our baby.

"Hey baby. Did he just wake up?" I look at the small baby in Harry's arms. He's squirming around but remains quiet. His big green eyes stare at me, making my heart burst with love.

"Well... I kinda woke him up."

"Harry!"

He sits down in the sand in front of me and holds our chubby baby up so that he's facing me. Harry pouts while our baby looks around curiously.

"I'm sorry, but look at his little face! I missed him and he was taking too long to wake up. Don't be mad mama."

I want to be mad, but all I feel is happy. I laugh and take our baby in my arms. "I'm not mad papa, I missed him too." I snuggle the baby close to me and inhale his baby scent. Harry laughs and joins in on the snuggles.

I love my little family.

︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I wake up with tears streaming down my face. Sitting up, I stare into space trying to remember every last detail of the beautiful dream.

I've been having these dreams for the past week. They're not all the same, but they always have Harry and our baby in it. They always end up happy.

It's better than the nightmares I've been having, but when I wake up, I still feel pain. Pain because I know that these dreams are something that will never happen.

But happiness because I get to see my soulmate again.

I swing my legs over and sit on the side of the bed, trying to calm down. I take several deep breaths before getting up and going to take a shower.

Today is the day of my 10 week appointment and I am extremely nervous.

I haven't experienced any bleeding or anything but I still don't know if my baby is okay or not. I like to think that they're fine, but not knowing is driving me up a wall.

I'm anxious to get in there and see my baby and know that they are okay. Because of my dreams, I feel like my baby is a boy, but I don't want to assume. Honestly I'd be happy with either gender.