1: ʙᴇɢɪɴ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I wake up screaming.

Someone wraps their arms around my body, and after fighting them for a while, I slowly begin to calm down.

When I am fully aware of my surroundings, I open my eyes.

Daria's dark eyes stare at me, the bags under them instantly makes my stomach twist with guilt.

"Are you good for me to let you go?" She sounds tired, but I know that she's trying to hide it.

"Yes."

She let's me go slowly, and I sit up on the queen sized bed.

"I'm sorry Dar."

She shakes her head and gives me a tired, but genuine, smile. "El, you don't have to keep saying that, I'm fine."

Feelings of worthlessness begin to creep into the recesses of my mind, but I'm kind of used to it by now, so I try to just clamp it down.

I look at Daria again and notice that she's dressed in her school uniform and her hair is perfectly done in a slick, low bun.

"Oh, crap! First day of school! I'll be ready in 5 minutes, okay D? We won't be late, I promise."

She waves me off, and I already know that she's not thrilled to be attending a private school, but I want the best for her. "Take your time, I insist." She takes a seat on her own queen sized bed while I frantically run into the hotel bathroom.

I don't spare myself a glance because I already know that Daria's dark eyebags match my own. Apparently, I wear the haggard grieving widow look like a glove. I pull my growing hair back and quickly brush my teeth.

I'm done in ten minutes and get dressed, in baggy sweatpants and a loose tshirt, in five. Not the most glamorous look, but I want Daria to be on time for her first day.

"Alright let's go."

Begrudgingly, she drags herself off the bed and follows me to the door.

Before we leave, I make sure that I have the hotel room key, force an apple on Dar, and then we're on our way.

I'm not that familiar with Victoria, Canada but I remember how to get to the school from the hotel we've been staying at. As we walk to the car, I try to shake off the grogginess from that harrowing nightmare.

After the funeral, I've been having nightmares every night. They're all the same, with few changes here and there, but I always wake up screaming.

A week after the funeral, his lawyers wanted us all there for the reading of his will. I didn't want to go at first, but Liam promised me that he would be by my side the whole time.

The lawyers weren't exactly... on the legal side of things, so they were aware about the gang and about the millions that he possessed.

Everything was left to me. Every. Fucking. Thing. All of his finances, his multiple bank accounts, his life insurance, cars, houses, and even his fucking gang was left to me.