14: ʀɪᴄᴄɪ's ᴘʀᴇʀᴏɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ

This chapter is looooooooong.

1 month later

"I'm happy that you decided to hear me out."

I stare at the man in front of me. Is he delusional? "I didn't come here for you."

He doesn't looked bothered in the slightest at my rudeness. His unbothered attitude just pisses me off. The only thing stopping me from storming out of here is the fact that I agreed to this.

As I look at the infuriatingly calm man sitting across from me, I wonder, how did I get here?

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Earlier the Same Day

Since Niall left, he has been calling me every week to check up on me. It kind of feels like a progress report because he sometimes asks me weird questions.

Here are some examples:

Niall: "Ellie, are you thinking about moving on?

Niall: "Ellie, are you happy?"

Niall: "Ellie, if one of the twins is a boy, will you make him a junior?

See what I mean? He always catches me off guard because when he asks these questions, he casually inserts them into the conversation. Niall is my best friend and I share things with him, but I'm beginning to feel a bit weird.

As for my other "bEsT fRiEnD" who shall not be named, he still hasn't contacted me. To be fair, I did block him, but I only did this a week ago. I've washed my hands of him. Whenever he grows a pair, he can contact me if he really wants to.

Currently, I'm in my room feeling extremely nervous. Why? Because today is the day that I'm going to tell everyone that I'm pregnant.

I know, it's bad, but I waited an extra month before I finally decided. Today I am 18 weeks pregnant. Dr. Watson has deemed my pregnancy safe, so she'll only see me when I hit the landmark weeks. At my 18 week appointment, she told me that I could find out their genders. I wanted to, but I really want to be surprised so I decided to wait until they were born.

A couple of days ago, I called Josie and told her to gather everyone in her living room today at noon. I also asked her to set up Zoom on her tv so everyone can hear me and see me. She just thought that I wanted to see everyone, so she didn't question me.

I still don't know how I'm going to tell them, so I'm just going to do what I feel in the moment.

I look at the clock nervously as I finish doing my hair into two space buns.