12: ᴄᴀʀɴɪᴠᴀʟs ᴀɴᴅ ғʟᴜᴛᴛᴇʀs

1 week and a few days later

Ever since that long day, things have been calm. It's pretty strange, and I'm always looking over my shoulder, but I'm glad for the peace.

I keep expecting for my sperm donor to jump from behind a bush and kidnap me again, but it doesn't happen. I'm not going to let my guard down though.

Ever since that day, I've started going back to my regular training. It's basically the training I used to do with Zayn, Louis, and Niall. I count it as exercise, since my doctor says that I need some of that. I just don't strain my body the way that I used to.

Today is Saturday, and as soon as I wake up, I know that I want to do something fun.

I get ready quickly, doing my morning routine and taking my medication. I then dress in dark blue overalls with a fitted white long sleeve shirt, and white keds. I actually take the time to curl my hair and I put it in a half up half down style. Feeling good today, I put in some effort with my makeup. I do a medium sized winged eyeliner with Elf's liquid eyeliner. After that dries, I put highlight on the corner of my eyes, on my brow bone, on my nose, and on my cheekbones. Then to complete the look, I apply shiny lip gloss.

I literally skip down the stairs, which is actually dangerous af, and then skip my way into the kitchen. I find Daria there, eating a bowl of cereal. She's already dressed as well, and I wonder if she's feeling the same way as me this morning.

Daria's dressed in denim skinny jeans, a BLM shirt, and black boots. Her beautiful hair is out, graced with a black headband.

When she sees me, her eyes light up. "You look gorgeous, El!"

I blush lightly. "Thank you! You look pretty gorgeous yourself, Daria! What's the occasion?"

She grins. "I could ask the same thing. But, no, I wanted us to hang out today! Is that... is that okay?"

I run over to the teen and hug her tight. "Of course! I actually wanted to hang out with you today too! I think I have something in mind..."

Daria pulls away and gasps. "Ooh! Where are we going?"

I walk over to the cabinet, and make my own bowl of cereal. "Well, I wanted it to be a surprise, but I'll tell you just in case you want to do something else."

I make my cereal then sit next to her. "I saw an advertisement for a carnival not too far from here. Do you want to go?"

"Yes! I've never been to a carnival before."

"I know that you'll love it. I went once with Liam and his parents when I was 12. It's not just for children though, adults can enjoy themselves too."

"I can't wait! C'mon, let's hurry up and finish breakfast so we can go!"

▪︎▪︎▪︎