13

At the Zoldyck Mansion~

"Gah!" Milluki roared, his face fixed with a look of determination and rage as he brought the whip down onto the pale boy's back. The collision of skin and leather made a resounding 'crack' sound that echoed in the small chamber. Milluki panted and dropped the whip, walking around to face the boy that was hanging from the ceiling by chains. 

"Alright, I think we're done for today." He said between pants, wiping a bead of sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand. There was no response from the pale boy, his expression was dark and bored. He sighed and with a twist of his wrists, broke effortlessly from the small cuffs on his hands and dropped lithely to the floor. 

He cracked his neck and started stretching out his sore arms, "Well this was a waste of my time." He stated simply, starting to walk out the door in nothing but his grey boxers. He ignored the stuttering insults that were thrown his way by his enraged brother and slammed the door behind him.

Upon exiting the room, he was met with a tall figure with long dark hair and emotionless eyes. 

"Killua." The figure stated. 

"What do you want, Illumi?" Killua asked, staring up at his brother with slight curiosity. 

"Walk with me, Kil." Illumi threw a simple pair of pants at the half naked boy and started to walk down the long, dark, eerie hallway. Killua following closely behind, pulling on one of the pant legs. 

"I have a new mission for you. This one will be different from the ones you're used to. You'll be going on your own, with multiple targets and conditions to follow. Father intended this mission for me, but I suggested you do it. It's a good way to prove yourself and gain more experience." He handed Killua a small file. Killua finished zipping his pants and grabbed the file. He glanced through it, looking at the pictures and information of 13 targets, the only one that caught his eye was a raven haired boy. He closed the folder, tucked it under his armpit and looked up at his brother, already feeling a little excited that he'd be able to get out of the stuffy mansion. 

"Where am I going?"

"Whale Island. It's a secluded area, the people there are rather normal so you shouldn't have any trouble. You're free to use whatever methods necessary. You're on your own for this mission so no one will be there to fix your screwups, not that I think you'll make any rookie mistakes." Killua held back a small smile at his brother's confidence in him. Illumi glanced down at him from the side and added, "This is a good chance for you to use your skills, Kil." They arrived at Killua's bedroom, they had both stopped to face each other now. 

"And the conditions?" Killua questioned. 

"You have to return in 2 months time with your targets all disposed of. You must be as discreet as possible while you're there. I'm sure I don't have to tell you the consequences if you fail." 

Killua nodded with indifference, it was only fair after all and besides, he wouldn't fail. 

Illumi began walking away, leaving Killua alone to his thoughts while he stared at the fading figure of his older brother.

"You leave in a week, Killua. Don't disappoint me." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Killua sat on his bed, shifting through the pictures of the folder. He already had a plan. 

He looked at the profile of the raven haired boy. He stared with a blank face at the smiling boy, re-reading his profile for the 3rd time. 

Name: Gon Freecss

Status: Alive 

Gender: Male