Possession

Kurapika and Leorio walked into the building, talking amongst themselves. 

Retz followed behind them, sneaking glances back at Killua, though he paid no attention to her. He was staring down at Gon who was finicking with his book bag. Killua smiled at the sight of the hummingbird he'd bought him dangling on one of the straps. 

"Alright. Take my bag for me, I'll be inside soon." Gon said with a smile, handing Killua his book bag. 

"Aren't you coming?" Killua hoisted the bag over his shoulder. 

"I will in a bit, I wanna see what he wanted." Gon looked at the direction Genthru had walked in.

"Who was that guy?" 

"Genthru."

"Genthru... sounds shady." Killua tried his best to keep the bitterness off his voice and shoved his hands into his pockets. He didn't even know the guy but he already despised him. 

"Killua." Gon placed a hand on Killua's shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine. Go on without me, there's no sense in both of us being late."

"Alright." Killua said with a sigh, reluctantly walking away from the boy. 

He didn't like being away from Gon but this was different. He couldn't figure out why, but there was a foreshadowing feeling he couldn't shake. Killua trusted his instincts and they screamed at him that Retz and Genthru were up to something. He just couldn't connect the dots. There was something he was missing. 

Killua groaned in frustration, startling a few students as he sat down in his seat with a frown. He stared over at the empty seat next to him. 

The bell rang and the lecture started and Gon still wasn't back. 

Killua tapped his foot on the floor and twirled his favorite pencil around in his hand. It was the pencil Gon gave him. Killua always kept it. 

Killua had been feeling oddly... possessive over Gon. There were many times he found himself referring to Gon as his in his mind. Killua couldn't understand it. Gon made him feel things he never felt before as cliché as it sounds. He missed him when he was gone, he hated it when someone else had his attention, he often found himself daydreaming about the boy or wondering what his lips would feel like against his.

Killua knew he felt differently for Gon than he did for Kurapika and Leorio. Gon was obviously his best friend, but he felt something deeper for him. Something beyond the boundaries of friendship. He just hadn't figured out what that was exactly. 

It felt like an eternity but in reality it was 5 minutes. 

Killua couldn't focus on the lesson. He hated being away from the boy. Partly because they were rarely ever apart for too long. Being together was as natural as breathing, and Killua couldn't shake the dark feeling building inside him. His mind kept imagining the worst scenarios. Thoughts and images played through his mind like a movie theater. 

What if Gon got lost? 

He is an idiot after all, he might've forgotten which classroom we're in again. 

Killua recalled the time Gon had forgotten his entire schedule for school and ended up going to the wrong classroom while Killua was using the bathroom. 

What if he ditched me?

No- He wouldn't do that. 

What if he got hurt somehow? 

Killua stopped twirling the pencil and tapped it against his lower lip. 

How does he even know that guy?