Light and Dark

When they returned home, Killua had insisted Gon take medicine for the pain despite the raven haired boy insisting he felt little to no pain at all. Killua didn't believe him, knowing the boy was stubborn. After a little bickering and persistence, Gon finally downed the medicine which left him feeling drowsy and light. 

They were on Gon's bed, Gon humming to himself with his arms stretched out on either side of him, staring at the ceiling. Killua was staring at the unusual sight while petting Kitty Zoldyck. 

Gon stopped humming and turned his head to stare at Killua with a fond, goofy smile. 

The pale boy felt eyes on him, his eyes widening at the sight of Gon staring at him like a puppy. 

"What?" Killua inquired. 

"Nothin'." Gon said with a little giggle. 

Killua rolled his eyes and looked away, feeling awkward since he didn't know what Gon was thinking when he looked at him. 

"Killua?" 

"Hm?" He hummed in response.

"Tell me a story." 

"Tell yourself a story." 

Gon frowned at the boy, his brows furrowing and lips pulling down at the corners. With a sigh of defeat, Killua scooted up the bed and got comfortable, sitting up against the headboard of Gon's bed. He patted the spot next to him and bit back a smile at the sight of Gon excitedly crawling next to him. 

"Alright-" Killua stopped when Gon placed a pillow on his lap and laid his head on it. He turned over so he was laying on his back and stared at the boy with an expectant smile.

"Ready!" 

Killua thought for a moment before deciding to just tell a story that first came to mind. 

"There was-"

"Once upon a time." Gon chimed in, playing with the hem of Killua's shirt. 

"Huh?" Killua asked in confusion. 

"You're supposed to start with 'Once upon a time'." Gon said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Why does it matter?"

"Because that's how you're supposed to do it." Gon persisted. 

"Alright well once there was-"

"Once upon a time!"

Killua huffed in frustration and placed his finger against Gon's lips, silencing him. Gon let out a short giggle at the action. 

"Shush, or no story for you." Killua said half-sternly. 

Gon nodded his head frantically, eager for a story. 

"Once upon a time." Killua rolled his eyes and thought for a moment before continuing. 

"There was darkness. Darkness had consumed everything he touched, even if he didn't always want to." Killua's voice drifted off as he thought before he continued. 

"He was alone. Never needing anyone else. He knew that there was no one for him. Anyone who came close to him would inevitably perish." 

Gon listened intently, fighting against sleep. 

"Until one day, darkness saw this ball of light." Killua couldn't help but think of Gon when he said that. 

"Darkness would always chase after the light. Never being able to touch it. To have it. Like the sun and moon, they were never able to be together." 

Gon yawned and shifted on the bed. 

"This story sounds sad." He said with a pout.

"Not everything is happy." Killua muttered. 

"Why couldn't darkness touch the light?" Gon asked quietly. 

"Darkness would swallow up the light, like everything else." 

"That's stupid." Gon said with a frown, staring off into space. 

"What?" Killua was taken aback. 

"The light is bright enough to withstand the darkness." Gon said, deep in thought. 

"Maybe you're right."

"Of course I'm right."

"Idiot." Killua flicked the boy's forehead playfully. 

"So darkness and light finally meet. They compliment each other and live happily ever after." Gon finished with a wide yawn, his eyes tearing at the action. 

"Hey, I thought I was telling the story."

"I like my ending better." Gon muttered, his eyes flittering to a close. 

His breathing became more even and quiet. Killua watched as the boy fell asleep on his lap, his breaths coming out in little puffs from his parted lips. His features were relaxed, a hint of a smile still on his face. Killua missed the sight of his bright, chocolate eyes filled with emotions, but the sight of him sleeping was nothing less than adorable. 

Killua absentmindedly stroked Gon's soft hair while the boy slept. He didn't know how long he'd been up until he felt himself becoming tired. 

He yawned and spared one last look at Gon before muttering, "You're my light." and laying his head back against the headboard. 

He drifted to sleep, without realizing that he had subconsciously described how he viewed his relationship with Gon through the story.