To The Beach!

As soon as the bell rang, signally school was officially over, the friend group made their way out the doors. They smiled as soon as the warm, bright sunshine met their faces. 

"Ah." Leorio sighed, wrapping an arm around Kurapika's neck. "Don't you just love the sun?" 

Kurapika shrugged off his shoulder and huffed, "Too hot. Sun burn. Skin cancer. Shall I continue?" 

Leorio rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "You're no fun!" 

Gon and Killua stifled a giggle.

The friend group walked in a comforting silence to the direction of the beach. Kurapika was leading the way and he was silently enjoying himself, even if he didn't let it show. Leorio was following closely behind Kurapika with his eyes closed, taking in the sunshine. Gon and Killua were playing a game of 'kick the can.' Just then, Killua kicked the can a little too hard and it ended up hitting Leorio's ankle. 

"Christ on a tricycle! What was that?" Leorio half-yelled, stopping momentarily to rub the back of his foot. He glared at the sight of Killua and Gon stifling their laughs. 

"Why you little-" He kicked the can with as much strength as he could muster. He was aiming for Killua but due to his terrible aim, the can hit Gon's shin. The boy yelped in pain and stopped to hold his throbbing shin. 

Killua stopped and crouched down next to Gon, placing a hand on his back. Gon sniffled dramatically and looked up at Killua with a pout. Anger filled the pale boy's body and he stood up abruptly, stomping over to Leorio who was backing away with his hands waving protectively out in front of him. 

"Apologize!" Killua shouted while Gon watched the scene with interest. 

"I-I'm so sorry Gon, really-" Leorio began but was stopped by Kurapika smacking him in the head. 

"Stop being such a little shit." Kurapika said sternly. 

"B-But I-" Leorio was again interrupted by Killua chucking the can at his head. Leorio yelped and pointed at the pale boy who stared back innocently and had his arm around Gon's waist, supporting him up, even though Gon could stand just fine. 

"Did you see that!" Leorio shouted to Kurapika. "He hit me!" 

"I didn't see anything." Kurapika shrugged, quickening his stride. Leorio gasped and started rambling to the blonde boy. Killua and Gon stopped and laughed at the situation for a few seconds. 

Once they finally calmed down, Gon rested his head on Killua's shoulder and they began walking after the two figures in front of them who seemed to be arguing. They weren't listening however, they were taking in the sounds of the Island around them. The opening and closing of doors, the sounds of children playing, the squawking of birds, the barks of dogs, the whistling of the wind, and finally, each other's heart beats. Their hearts were beating sporadically against their chests, but despite this they were absolutely calm and happy. In fact, there was a warm, familiar feeling they'd grown used to spreading throughout their bodies at the close contact between them that drowned out the cold breeze. 

Killua closed his eyes in contentment, breathing in Gon's earthy scent. Just then Gon stirred and pointed at a store next to them called 'Julio's'. 

"Let's go in there!" Gon said excitedly. 

"Why?" Killua asked, staring at the store. 

"Because there's food and I'm hungry!" Gon began pulling Killua along with him towards the door. Kurapika and Leorio were a few feet ahead of them and had stopped to see what was happening.