Troubles in Math

Killua and Gon were in the middle of math class. 

Killua sat beside Gon like he does in every class and Kurapika was in front of Gon with Leorio beside him. 

Gon was currently doodling random pictures in his notebook, mostly ones of Killua, with his hand on his cheek. He was growing bored and not really paying attention to his drawings. Killua was trying his best to pay attention but like usual, he snuck glances at Gon and tried to cheer him up by playing games of footsie with him or complimenting his drawings. Kurapika was tuning them out and Leorio was passed out with his head on the desk. His book was standing up on the desk, covering his face so it looked like he was just reading. 

Everything was going fine. Gon and Killua were having a poking war when suddenly Gon was called on by the teacher, Mrs. Netero. She also happened to be the principal, Mr. Netero's, wife. 

"Gon." She said slowly, peering her eyes over at the boy. 

Gon withdrew his hand from Killua's side where he was previously assaulting it with pokes and stood straight, staring at the teacher with wide eyes. He'd never been called on before and his nerves were all over the place. 

"Can you solve this problem, please." She pointed to the problem on the board. 

3x + 12x = ? 

Gon stared at the problem with squinted eyes and furrowed brows. Endless thoughts were racing through his mind. 

What's the answer? 

Why's there an x? 

Oh there's another x. 

We're not in English class, why's the alphabet mixed in with numbers?!

Is it possible to be afraid of your own scream?

Why's Leorio sleeping? 

I want to sleep too. 

If the sun is in space, then why is there light on earth, but not in space?

Oh. My. God. 

If Killua and I slept in the same bed together does that mean I'm pregnant? 

Wait that's not how that works- 

God, my brain hurts. 

What was the question again? 

Oh, right. 

How many licks to the center of a lollipop~

Can't you just erase the x? Is that the answer? 

Maybe Killua will help...

Killua's eyes are so pretty. 

Killua's pretty. 

Oh- He's staring. 

Gon made awkward eye contact with Killua. He gave him a nervous smile and rubbed the back of his neck, mouthing 'Help.' 

The pale boy rolled his eyes but pointed down at his notebook. Gon squinted his eyes to get a better look and saw the answer. 

"15x." Gon said with his fingers crossed. 

"Correct." The teacher said unimpressed as she wrote the answer down on the board. 

"Thanks Killua." Gon whispered with a smile. 

"You looked like you were short circuiting." Killua teased and playfully flicked Gon's forehead before looking up at the board.