Crush Chop and Burn part 2

Vanessa's POV

"Leo slow do- woaaahhhh this is your house? Scoreeee." I said with a jaw drop as Leo ran through the living room.

"Where are the robots!? We ran all the way here. And I wasn't even being chased!" Leo said with a grin as Tasha gave her son a nervous smile.

"Leo... the robots are gone." Tasha said as Me. Davenport handed us glasses of water. "We just dropped them off at the recycling center." She finished as Leo and I did a spit-take. Water dripped from my mouth as I gasped, almost choking.

"You WHAT?!" We yelled in unison as Mr. Davenport held back a grin.

"Yep. They're being melted down as we speak. Don't tell anybody. They're probably toxic." He giggled as I shook my head, the thought of my three new friends being crushed flashing through my mind like a disco party.

"No! We have to go get them! They're not robots they're real!" Leo said as I nodded in agreement almost shattering my cup as I slammed it down.

"Okay can we not spill anymore water?" Mr. Davenport asked as he wiped down the mess.

"You have to believe us, Mr. Davenport! It's really Adam, Bree and Chase!" I said, grabbing his arms and pulling him close. "Do you really want the thought of knowing you killed your children stuck in your conscious forever?" I asked in a deep, menacing voice as he looked over at his wife.

"She's scary." He whispered as the two others in the room nodded in agreement.

"Come on there isn't much time!" Leo said as Tasha placed her hand on Leo's shoulder.

"Leo... stop." She said as Mr. Davenport walked over.

"Leo, when I was your age, I had to say goodbye to a lot of my friends. There was Lava Man and Stretch Legstrong and Jo Jo Biggs and all of his friends in the space cantina..." He spoke as Leo and I frowned.

"Those are action figures." We said in unison as Davenport choked up.

"More like fully poseable pieces of my heart." He cried as Leo shook his head.

"You guys really don't believe us?" Leo asked as Tasha gave him a remorseful look.

"I'm sorry Leo. But your friends are gone." Tasha said as Leo brushed his mom off, taking me to a secret elevator and down to the lab.

"I can't believe they are going to let Adam, Bree and Chase die in a recycling facility! And it's all my fault!" Leo said as I stayed silent, trying to come up with a plan. "Well don't disagree with me!" He continued as I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Leo. I just wish we could do- WAIT WE CAN!" I yelled as I took his shoulders and shook him as I spoke. "How fast can you run?"

"It depends on what's chasing me." Leo admitted as I sighed.

"We need to get to the recycling center and save Adam Bree and Chase before it's too late!" I said as Leo's eyes lit up with excitement.

"You're right! Eddy!" Leo said and ran over to a block in the wall. A white screen appeared followed by an emoticon in the shape of an E.

"Woah! You have a virtual home-security system?! Awesome!" I said as Eddy spoke up.

"Quiet down, cupcake! I don't want the praise of a 12 year old girl!" Eddy said as I reared back in shock.

"I'm 15!" I defended as Eddy rolled his eyes. I did not even know he could do that. But I did also just find out he existed a minute ago.

"Eddy, if my mom asks where we are, tell her we are at the recycling facility. This a life and death situation and we cannot wait any longer!" Leo said as he dragged me out of the lab.