Chip Switch

"Listen up, space-fillers!" Perry yelled, causing me to throw up my fists as I was prepared to fight, Chase slowly putting them down. "This is Emergency Preparedness Week. An emergency drill can happen at any time. So when the alarm sounds, you must evacuate the building in an orderly fashion—Like cattle, if cattle had acne... and braces... and a future filling up my gas tank." She said with her "iconic" giggle before walking back to her office. I groaned, stomping in disapproval.

"I hate EMW. Every semester I get trampled by people. I have the scars to prove it!" I whisper-yelled the last part as Leo patted my shoulder in comfort.

"Oh, man! I wish I had Bree's super-speed! Because you do not want to be stuck walking behind cows in an emergency, trust me on that!" Adam complained as I frowned at him.

"You would trade your super-strength for Bree's super-speed? Man, if I had your strength, I'd just run out of the building juggling those cows." Chase said as Bree scoffed.

"Yeah, and if I had Ness' electrokinesis, I'd use it to short-circuit those annoying alarms." Bree jumped in as I chuckled.

"And if I had Chase's super intelligence, I would have walked away from this conversation. Oh wait! I do. See ya." I said before starting to walk away.

"Hey, you know what would be awesome? If you guys took out your bionic chips and switched your abilities!" Leo suggested as I paused.

"No way. I'm not switching my chip anytime soon. Bree you can snag Chase's chip. I'll be in the elevator listening to 'Love Songs from the Nineties.'" I said as Chase stopped me.

"Why can't we? I call your super smarts!" Bree asked with a grin, pointing to Chase.

"And I call your super speed!" Adam said to Bree.

"I call your super strength!" Chase smiled.

"And I call a way out of this conversation." I said with a forced smile as Chase dragged me along with everyone. "Come on! I just want to listen to Mariah Carey!"

"If you guys are gonna switch your chips before school, don't you think you should run this by Davenport first?" Leo suggested as Bree scoffed.

"They're our chips." She said as I sighed.

"Alright. Here's the chip extractors. Get in your capsules and I'll switch your chips." I said and handed them the extractors, leaning down to Leo.

"I'll bet you $20 that says something is going to happen when their chips are switched and we will be at the wrong end." I said as Leo nodded.

"Deal." He challenged as Adam, Bree and Chase stepped out of their capsules. They tested it by Adam and Chase having an arm-wrestling contest, to which Chase quickly won.

Then Leo tried it. And lost.

"Hey, hurry up, you guys. You're gonna be late for school." Davenport said as I clasped my hands together, slowly walking over to him.

"Hey Mr. Davenport! Quick... totally random question. Say that three totally random bionic, super dumb kids switched their chips. What would happen?" I asked non-chalantly as Davenport chuckled.

"You guys didn't switch your chips, did you?" He asked as Adam Bree and Chase took turns denying it.  "Oh, good, 'cause that would be a crazy idea. See, I calibrated their bionics to match their biology. Adam has height, so I paired that with strength, and Bree is lean, so that increases her speed, and Chase, of course, nobody questions Chase's impossible wealth of knowledge because he's, you know, nerdy." Davenport explained as I frowned.