Comanndo App part 1

Mr. Davenport lowered the cyber desk as I ignored the 3rd text from Trent to do his homework. He was really starting to tick me off.

"Okay, guys, you have been trained for all kinds of missions. But you are about to enter a soul-bruising, confidence-crushing, apocalyptic environment: high school. Adam, Bree, your glitch test results are fairly stable." Davenport said as we all cheered.

"Yes! I'm going to school!" Bree cheered as Adam high-fived his sister.

"I'm fairly stable!" He yelled as I sighed a laugh. Mr. Davenport looked over to Chase, and I could tel by the expression it would not be good.

"But Chase, I'm still concerned about your commando app." Davenport said as Leo grimaced.

"Commando App? Put on some underpants. We're going to school!" He said as I gave him a weird look.

"No, see, in the face of an imminent threat, Chase's Commando App kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute I like to call Spike." Mr Davenport grinned as he gripped Chase's shoulders.

"Spike? Sounds scary." I said as Adam and Bree nodded. "What is the commando app anyway?" I asked as Davenport smiled.

"It's kinda like a fight-or-flight thing, except I took out the flight part, 'cause, useless. And I replaced it with a testosterone level of like a Tasmanian devil-wolverine-shark-lion hybrid... that's mad." Mr. Davenport explained as I gave them a weird look.

"Don't worry, Mr. Davenport. I promise that Spike won't rear his ugly head." Chase promised as I snorted. "What?" Chase asked as I snickered.

"Sorry, just the thought of a brute man in your body. It's hilarious." I joked as Davenport shook his head.

"It's not hilarious. Remember last Christmas when I made the mistake of giving Adam boxing gloves?" Mr. Davenport reminded as the four grimaced at the memory.

"Ugh, I'm still coughing up tinsel." Adam said and blew out.

"You know, letting Chase go to school, isn't such a good idea. I can't risk Spike coming out." Mr. Davenport said as I gave him a sad look.

"Mr. Davenport come on Chase has to go! You can't break up the trio." I said as Chase and Leo nodded.

"Exactly! And With these guys, I'll finally get a prime spot in the cafeteria. That's right, y'all. Put on your coats 'cause I'm about to ride your tail!" Leo cheered as he rode an imaginary pony. I put a hand in his shoulder.

"Don't do that again." I whispered and patted his shoulder.

"Mr. Davenport, I can't miss school. This is the beginning of my academic achievements and career trajectory. I mean, the road to astronaut lawyer has to start somewhere." Chase begged as I began to walk away over to the cyber-desk, managing to find the research on everyone's chips.

"Uh excuse you-?" Mr. Davenport said as I dropped the research. "What are you doing?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"To be honest... I got no clue." I said as Mr. Davenport nodded slowly.

I followed Adam, Bree, Chase and Leo into the lunchroom, quickly going to turn around after spotting Principal Perry only to be stopped by Leo.

"Come on, Leo! You know she's still pissed at me after I tackled her for trying to steal my pepperoni pizza!" I said as Leo patted my arm.

"You'll be fine, Nessie. Just... don't make eye contact." Leo persisted as Chase leaned forward.

"Who is that?" He asked as I shrugged Leo off.