Rats on a Train

So, last week was the school dance. Total bust. The amount of times I tried to ask Chase but ended up running away or into a wall? I don't have that many fingers or toes to count.

He ended up going with the schools pretty bitch Danielle after she ditched Adam. Then he got ditched and she went with Leo. I danced with Chase for a little bit only to have fruit punch dumped on me. Thanks, Jackson.

So now I'm really debating if I want to go to another dance.

But right now is definitely not the time to worry about dances because I am currently going 400 miles an hour on a speeding train.

Thanks to Leo.

8 hours ago

"Okay, guys. The next phase of your training is handling extreme climates. So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam." Mr. Davenport started as I gave my three bionic friends a nervous look. "That's not part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out. Okay, Chase, I'm setting your tube on "Antarctic." If it gets to be too much, just give me a sign." He said as Chase nodded, walking into his capsule.

"Bring it!" Chase yelled through his capsule as Leo groaned.

"Hey, that's not fair. I want to be abused by weather." He complained as I laughed.

"Leo, if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath." Bree complained as Adam frowned.

"I don't have morning breath. It smells like that all day." Adam grinned as Bree and I grimaced.

"Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kind of climates. You're not. And neither are you, Vanessa, so don't get any ideas." Mr. Davenport said as I gasped.

"Hey I'm not the one that gets brain freeze from mint gum!" I defended as Leo slapped my arm, Mr. Davenport's phone ringing.

"Davenport. What?! Well, that's terrible! I mean, that's awesome, but that's terrible! I- I gotta do something." He said before quickly hanging up. We all raised a brow at him in confusion.

"What's up, Mr. Davenport? Did you order women's leggings again?" I asked as he faked a laugh.

"Ha ha, very funny. No. I created the world's fastest train, but now it's speeding out of control full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville!" He said as my eyes widened.

"So then whats so awesome?" Bree asked as Mr. Davenport fan-boy'd.

"It's going like 400 miles an hour." He geeked as we all cheered to it.

"My entire career is riding or perhaps crashing on this train! I don't understand it! My design was flawless!" He praised as I crossed my arms.

"So flawless you forgot to include the emergency brakes?" I wondered as Mr. Davenport narrowed his eyes at me.

"No. I never counted on the conductor dropping his papaya smoothie all over the controls and then jumping off the train." He said as we hummed.

"Not gonna lie, a papaya smoothie sounds fantastic right now. Hey Chase do you want-" I stopped myself as I turned to the capsules, seeing Chase frozen inside his. "Uh Mr. Davenport?"

"Chase. Now I have to explain the whole train story again." Davenport said as he walked over to the control panel.

"I'm gonna go get a blanket." I called out, running out of the lab.

"The good news is, whenever I invent something, I always create a backup device to support it." Mr. Davenport said as I stood behind Chase, rubbing his shoulders in an attempt to warm him up. I frowned when I noticed the bag he was carrying.