It All Goes Downhill From Here

I didn't know how I was supposed to tell my parents I was bionic. Do I even tell them? I mean, they've been gone for so long. I thought they'd be back by now. But I guess it gives me time to practice in the mirror.

I got a call from Mr. Davenport that morning to come by before school so we could talk about my bionics. I didn't have a capsule, so they haven't been activated yet. But once he made one and I stepped inside for the first time, I'd be a true bionic human.

It was scary. The fact that I had these abilities but they haven't been activated. Why did I have the fear my head would pop off my shoulders? I'm being too paranoid about this.

I walked into Mr. Davenport's, Leo turning in his chair to face me. And he did not look happy.

"So you get bionics for being out in a life-or-death situation, but I stub my toe and it can't get invincibility?" Leo complained as I chuckled, walking over and slapping his shoulder.

"I may not have my bionics activated, but when they are..." I said, leaning to Leo's ear. "Sleep with one eye open." I whispered as he shot you and ran off.

Mr. Davenport walked in from the lab elevator, waving to me as he grabbed a tin of cereal with the Davenport logo on it.

"Did you really make your own cereal brand?" I asked with a chuckle as Mr. Davenport gave me an annoyed grin.

"No I didn't make my own cereal. These are power pellets. They are packed with nothing but pure adrenaline that helped to activate Adam, Bree and Chase's bionics when they were still learning to control them. Now that they've learned to activate them on their own I had no use for these, until you came along." He mused as I shrugged.

"Well alright Mr. Davenport! Slap me down a bowl and get me the milk mama is ready for her bionics!" I cheered and sat down as Mr. Davenport chuckled in amusement.

"That's cute but no. You see, Ness, these pellets are packed with so much adrenaline that if you have too much you will too energetic and won't be able to shut your bionics off. And with your bionics being the most dangerous out of the four I can't risk you having too much. Besides, you're bionics aren't even activated." He explained as I sighed, standing up.

"Alright then, take me to the lab and activate these bionics! I want to try out my super intelligence. Then i can finally kick Kelly Hartland's butt in chemistry!" I grinned with an evil look in my eye as Mr. Davenport simply smiled.

"Yeah... okay let's go do that."

"So how does this work? Do I stand in one of their capsules and you press a few buttons? Do you have to take out my chip to activate it?" I asked as Mr. Davenport stared ahead for a moment.

"Uh you just stand in Chase's capsule and they'll activate automatically. But this means that until I am finished building your capsule, you will have to share one with Chase." Mr. Davenport said as I frowned.

"Why not Bree?" I questioned as he snickered.

"Have you seen Chase? He's like the size of a pug. And well... Bree kicks in her sleep." Davenport answered as I sighed.

"Why do I have to share a capsule Anyways? I feel like that's an invasion of personal space, and what's the point of them anyway? Plus, I won't fall asleep standing up." I commented as Mr. Davenport walked over to the capsules.

"You don't get it yet, Ness. These capsules were designed to keep their bionics at bay. Without them, Adam, Bree and Chase will glitch all the time and expose their bionics to the world. They put whoever is inside to sleep in a matter of minutes, so you won't have to worry about struggling to sleep. You're capsule should be finished by Friday but until then you and Chase will need to share one." He explained once again as I nodded.